Chapter 55

Chaemin's POV

I slam my hand on my phone, trying to turn my alarm off. Failing, I resort to actually opening my eyes, and, squinting against the sun, turning my alarm off. At least my jet-lag has FINALLY gone away, so I can wake up at normal times now.

My time in Korea has been great. Probably because of Taeyong - I mean, NCT too. I think I'm going to stay here for a long time.

Just as I'm thinking about what I should do for New Year's, my phone pings with a message.

Taeyong
good morning :)

Me
good morning :)

Taeyong
our break starts today!

Me
what are u planning to do?

Taeyong
hm not sure
actually
do you wanna go somewhere with me tonight?

Me
sure!

Taeyong
it's a surprise ;)

Me
alright cool

Why does he seem like he has something interesting planned? Usually it's just something like "I'm bored do you wanna go to the park" or something along the lines of that.

~Time Skip~

I've spent pretty much the whole day attempting to find a job, since my mom started getting on me for that yesterday, and I guess she's right.

My phone finally pings with a text message from the person I've been waiting to talk to all day.

Taeyong
Chaemin
Chaemin
Chaemin
Chaemin
Chaemin

Me
hiii

Taeyong
we're going to eat dinner!

Me
ahaha i see

Taeyong
chauffeur johnny is transporting us there
in like half an hour
so around 6

Me
ok i'll be ready

Taeyong
:)

I change into a sweater and a pair of jeans so I look semi-decent, and do my makeup and hair, even though I'm not really that kind of person. I also make sure to grab a black jacket to avoid the awkward situation of "You can have the jacket".

Sure enough, a few minutes later, I get a text first from Johnny, then from Taeyong a few seconds later that they've arrived.

"Hey Chaemin," Taeyong greets me as I open the door and slide into the back seat of the car.

"Hey," I respond with a smile, buckling my seat belt.

"So, you two are going to eat dinner?" Johnny asks, glancing back at us.

"Yeah, and we'd like to get there in once piece, thank you very much," Taeyong responds, causing Johnny to sheepishly return his attention to the road.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Somewhere with good food," is the answer, leaving me to wonder.

After a few minutes, the car stops. The door on my side opens, and Taeyong appears. I get out and finally notice a candle lit path with a table at the end, which is probably where we're headed to.

"Let's go!" he smiles and I walk down the path next to him, looking around in awe. It's not awkward at all, this whole thing actually feels kind of... normal, like I was expecting it to happen.

"So, this is the dinner date," he laughs.

"It looks really nice," I compliment. I notice small details here and there, like a couple of flower petals over here, a string of fairy lights there. Wow, this is really fancy. I wonder who got it together.

Taeyong gestures for me to sit, and I do, as he takes a seat across from me. I can't help but notice that he seems kind of nervous.

"So, Chaemin, I have something to tell you," he begins.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm actually cringing so hard right now HELP

Ngl the original plan was to have them go somewhere and then Dispatch could pop up but I figured that I should stop making bad things happen to them. For now.

Thanks for reading!