Chapter 16

Taeyong's POV

Ah, another dance practice.

After we get past the fans, who, thankfully, didn't try to crowd us too badly or anything like that, we head up to the dance practice room.

Once everyone is in the room, including the other members not in 127, Mark decides that it's the perfect time to pull an apple out of his backpack. He probably skipped breakfast again. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Ten scoot away from Mark with a look of disgust on his face.

"Mark! Now isn't the time to be eating!" Haechan snickers, obviously trying to annoy Mark. Mark simply scowls and bites into the apple, ignoring Haechan.

~Time Skip~

We've finished practicing a few of the dances at last. I go to lean against the wall and slide down so that I'm sitting on the floor.

"Taeyong hyung!" A yell from one of the members catches my attention. Probably Chenle. Sure enough, a few seconds later, Chenle comes running to me, weaving his way through others sitting or laying on the floor.

"What, Chenle?" I ask, reluctantly getting to my feet and dusting off my elbows.

"Did you give a picture to somebody yesterday?" he asks, skidding to a stop. My blood runs cold. Remind me why Chaemin decided to do that again?

"Uh, yeah....?" I answer, not knowing how to respond.

"Well, it's all over the internet now," he says matter-of-factually, pointing to his phone screen. Apparently, some people at the airport yesterday got pictures of Chaemin standing on the bench, trying to buy me some time to escape.

"Do you know that person?" Jaehyun asks, walking towards us while drinking water.

"Uh, yeah? She's just someone I met on the plane yesterday? Just a fan?" I ask. My brain is working at top speed, trying to figure out how I can fix this problem.

"Oh, okay. Anyways, half the fandom thinks that it's a fake, so it'll probably go away within a few days," Jaehyun comments, shrugging and walking away. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Why'd you give her the photo, though?" Chenle asks, not leaving.

"She was a nice fan," I answer vaguely. I don't know what made me put it in her backpack, either. What is wrong with me?

Chenle opens his mouth to say something else, but luckily, our choreographers tell us that it's time to get back to work. I put my water bottle down and run to the center of the dance room before Chenle can say anything else.

~Time Skip~

Ah, it's been a long day of practice. For some reason, I couldn't concentrate really well today. I kept on thinking about why exactly I gave Chaemin the photo. And I don't have a conclusion.

Our concert is somewhere around the end of the week, so I need to get myself together as soon as possible.

It's already really late at night, but I don't feel like going to bed yet. I spot my backpack and start cleaning it out. When I've finally sorted everything out, I put my backpack in the closet.

Now it's even later. Just great. I go to wash up and get ready for bed.

As I'm laying in bed, I start thinking about our upcoming concert. Then I start thinking about our dances, and then what time I should wake up tomorrow.

And then my thoughts lead to the plane flight yesterday. Again.

Before my eyes close, I realize something about Chaemin.

She never told me who her bias was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is a slightly shorter chapter, just kind of a filler chapter.

Thank you for reading!