Chapter 71

Chaemin's POV

"She's the one!"

I turn towards the ear-piercing squeal of a short woman a few feet away. She's holding her phone up as if filming a video, which she probably is.

"I'm the what?" I ask, although I have a hunch that I know what this is all about.

"The secret girlfriend of Taeyong! I hate you!" another one of them screams, hurling her coat at me. I easily dodge it and eye the stained piece of clothing, once pure white.

"What the heck?" I say, a little intimidated. There has to be at least 20 of them, but that means that we could possibly be outnumbering them.

"Now I'm cold," hisses the girl who threw her jacket at me.

"Shouldn't have tried to use your expensive jacket as a weapon, huh? Maybe a knife would've  worked better, don't you think?" I taunt, rolling my eyes at her stupidity.

"Wait wait wait, can you tell me what's even happening?" Taeyong interrupts from somewhere in the crowd.

"Why do you even like her? She's so rude and ugly! You deserve so much better!" somebody shouts at him from the back of the crowd.

"But can we talk about how you're literally screaming and stomping your feet over the happiness of your favorite idol?" I shoot back.

"First of all, why do you even know we're here?" one of NCT's managers demands angrily, preventing the other girl from responding. "Shouldn't we have some form of privacy?"

"One of your stylists told us! We're only here for the girl, to talk some sense into Taeyong, my bae!" another girl cackles, sounding like a whole psychopath.

"Which stylist?" I ask. Considering that she gave up that information so easily, I bet she'd tell us just which person is the traitor here.

"That one, who else?" she rolls her eyes, pointing at the stylist who had just been telling me how great of a man Taeyong was a few moments ago. I knew something was up. Somebody immediately starts questioning her, only adding to the chaos.

"You're just gonna expose me like that?" the stylist screams mid-questioning while I laugh at the horrified expression on her face.

At this point, everyone is shouting things at me about how I don't deserve anything, blah blah blah. It sounds like they're speaking gibberish, they're so triggered. I'm going to get permanent hearing damage from this.

"I'm scared," a small voice whimpers from behind me. I turn around to see Jisung, looking absolutely terrified.

"Don't be scared, everything will be okay. Move back towards the building," I assure him calmly, mentally preparing for my rant that I'm about to release.

"Okay, listen up, everyone. I don't know what you're trying to do here, but I don't think any of you are okay in the head," I begin. Shouts of outrage interrupt me, but I raise my voice.

"I don't care about what any of you say. I never have, and I never will. If you think that you can separate me from Taeyong, then you're messing with the wrong girl. Save your energy and go do something useful with it for once.

"By the way, you all have no right to invade our privacy like this. If you really loved NCT, you wouldn't be here right now. You'd be at home, encouraging them, minding your own business, and being a good fan, and overall, just supporting NCT in everything they do.

"And I know that this whole speech is gonna end up online, so I'm just going to say that this goes for every one of you watching this right now.

"So yeah, thanks for the opportunity to say this, and now we can leave. Thank you for coming to my TED Talk," I finish.

"Wait, if this goes public, I want to say that we love Chaemin and she's totally right!" Taeyong shouts before turning towards the parking lot to leave.

The whole group voices their agreement, drowning out the protesting voices of the haters. Now that I really look around, they do outnumber us, but we're louder. Much louder.

"Well, um... you're wrong and you don't have authority to say this!" somebody yells in one last pathetic attempt of a roast, but even her voice falters.

That went very, very well.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pop off queen

Thanks for reading!