Chapter 62

Taeyong's POV

"You're going to be fine," Johnny hyung assures me as I pace back and forth in my room, watching him scroll through social media on my bed.

"What do you mean? Chaemin's mom is cool, but she said her dad is protective," I sigh nervously.

"Come on, he can't be that bad. I'm sure that she and her mom will be there to tone everything down if it gets heated," hyung continues, unbothered by my predicament.

"Okay, but I'm still nervous," I mumble.

"Dude, just relax, be polite, and I'm sure everything will be fine," he says.

"Alright, thanks," I smile, sincerely glad for Johnny's reassuring and advice. He's being pretty nice to me right now, which is rare.

"I can tell that you really want to make a good impression on them," he observes. "Even though you're not marrying her or anything. Yet." Well, there goes Nice Johnny. It was good while it lasted.

"I got it. Now I'm gonna go," I decide before he has a chance to tell all of NCT that I'm going to meet Chaemin's parents.

"You got this, try not to screw up," Johnny hyung waves, shutting the door behind me. That made me feel a lot better about this whole thing. Totally.

"Hi, I'm your daughter's boyfriend? Too straightforward. Hey, I'm a Kpop idol? I sound like a show off. Hi, nice to meet you? No, I should include my name," I mumble to myself as I drive down the streets.

"Hi, I'm Taeyong. Yeah, simple enough," I decide, parking the car after a few minutes. Before going inside, I text Chaemin that I'm here and then enter the building.

As I find the elevator, some teenage girl in the lobby gives me a look, then blinks and looks again, then smacks her face and looks again. Great, I've been recognized.

All I wanted to do was show up and not look sketchy in a mask. I quickly enter the elevator, hoping that the kid won't follow me. I've had enough of sasaengs for a lifetime.

Once the doors slide open, I get out and look for the right number. There it is.

Taking a deep breath, I raise my hand and knock on the door a few times. Confidence, Taeyong. You gotta have confidence. Sounds like something Johnny hyung's said before.

The door opens to reveal a middle-aged woman whom I assume is Chaemin's mom. She gives me a kind smile, saying, "Welcome!"

"Hi, I'm Taeyong," I introduce myself, bowing and shaking hands with her and a man who is probably Chaemin's dad.

"Nice to meet you," he says. This guy doesn't sound as intimidating as I imagined him to be. Hopefully, this is gonna be fine.

"Hi Chaemin," I smile as she emerges from a hallway.

"Oh, you're here! Hey!" she responds as I take off my jacket and hang it up.

"We can sit down," Chaemin's mom suggests, taking us over to a nice table. I take the chance to admire some of the decorations on the walls. Whoever picked these out has good taste.

"So, what do you do?" her dad asks immediately, taking a seat across from me.

"I'm actually a Kpop idol," I explain, hoping nothing goes wrong with this information. Chaemin's parents look at each other.

"Are you the one who Chaemin was freaking out over when she got off the plane?" her dad asks. I cast a look at Chaemin, who's blushing and looking down.

"Yeah, that would be me," I confirm. "Your cooking is fabulous, by the way." Chaemin's mom smiles and thanks me. I relax a little. This is going well enough.

I get asked a few more questions, all of which I answer honestly. We proceed to have a conversation about what it's like being an idol, which is comfortable.

This whole family is actually very friendly. They seem like the kind of people who don't argue, but tell each other "I love you" a lot. No assumptions, though.

I think this is gonna be just fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dispatch drama will come in soon

Thanks for reading!