Chapter 56

Taeyong's POV

Please. They did not. Why did they actually do a semi-good job at this? Chaemin said it was "fancy", so I guess we're doing fine. So far.

I have no idea what the plan is. From what I've figured out, this whole thing was planned last night over a group call that I wasn't included in.

Hopefully, it'll all work out. So far, I haven't seen anyone but Johnny hyung. I can only hope that they're actually here, not off partying by themselves, leaving me hanging here awkwardly.

Glancing around, I finally notice one of the members hiding behind a random tree strung with fairly lights. I look a little closer and notice an LED sign being held out. Fancy.

Squinting a little, I manage to make out the words "CONFESS NOW" in big bold print, glowing pink. Um, what is this?

I'll just go with the flow, since I have no plan of my own.

"So, Chaemin, I have something to tell you," I start once we're seated. My palms are sweaty and my heart is beating erratically. What if this goes wrong?

"JUST DO IT, STRAIGHTFORWARDLY!" The person behind the tree holds up another sign, this one with words glowing neon yellow. Fine, I'll just go for it.

I summon all my courage, taking a deep breath.

"So, I really like you," I admit at last, looking down at my hands and anticipating her reaction. My brain goes into overdrive. Is it too early?

"I like you too, Taeyong," she says after a few seconds.

"Wait, really?" I ask, unable to stop the grin appearing on my face.

"Yeah, thank you for, well, being you," she says quietly.

"So... will you be my girlfriend?" I ask at last, finally looking up.

"Getting bold now, aren't we?" Chaemin teases, her eyes twinkling, then laughs, "Of course!" I return the smile, glad everything worked out.

The moment is put to an end by the shrieks of at least 20 other people. Ah, so they're all here. Great, I'm never going to hear the end of this.

"CONGRATS! OMG IT FINALLY HAPPENED!" Mark squeals, laughing and hitting the person next to him, which happens to be Haechan.

"Now we can eat!" Jungwoo cheers. It's at that moment that I realize they're all wearing aprons. Please no.

"What can I get for a lovely young couple on this splendid evening?" Johnny asks, taking out a pad of paper and a pen with a flourish of his hand.

"Johnny, I was supposed to say that!" Taeil hyung hisses, snatching the paper and pen from his hand and pushing him aside.

"What can I get-" Taeil hyung now starts, but is pushed aside by Doyoung.

"Sorry, we only have pre-made foods here. You will be eating bulgogi," he announces, shooing everyone away.

"Um, okay, that sounds fine?" Chaemin says. I can tell that she's trying not to laugh. This whole skit is actually pretty entertaining.

"Wait, Yangyang, did you do the thing?" Kun asks, a look of panic suddenly appearing on his face.

"Oh shoot, I forgot!" he exclaims, rushing off to do "the thing". A few seconds later, he reappears with a bouquet of flowers clutched in his hands.

"You were supposed to use these," he says, shoving them at me.

"Um, okay, here, Chaemin," I laugh, handing her the flowers.

"Wow, thanks!" she replies, setting them in a vase of water on the side of the table and laughing at Yangyang's mistake.

"Alright, let's get this show on the road!" Johnny hollers as everyone scatters off to their positions. Okay then.

I'm pretty excited for this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO WRITE THIS STUFF 😭

Thanks for reading!