C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N

My boy Onyx up top 🤤

Peach~ Broods

~T H E P I N K A P R O N~
"Sunshine?"

BLAISE SLAMS her phone down in anger. Yet another place that's turned her down for an interview. She didn't even know this could happen but turns out it is.

How the hell am I going to get a job in time? Blaise worries to herself.  She needs to get a job for her mom's health. She can't give up.

Blaise bites her lip in thought. I could go back— no! That's the reason mom had to take on so much stress in the first place! Blaise stops herself from thinking any more about her past "job". She had done some pretty immoral-- definitely illegal-- things back then and she didn't want to continue down that path.

Especially when her father was a cop. That just didn't seem right to her.

At the time she was desperate and naive. She wasn't old enough to work many jobs that could pay her well, and without any guidance, she made some bad decisions. But she isn't going down that road again, no matter what it takes.

~••~

Welp... I knew it would come to this. Blaise thinks as she walks into the familiar old bar. She gags at the smell. It's so pungent with alcohol, sex, and death. She remembers the awful memories here, the ways that gross hands used to touch her barely-teenage body, and how she was used as a distraction whenever cops came in.

Sometimes they took it too far. Blaise thinks grimly.

As Blaise further wraps her leather jacket around herself to shield her body away from the gross, drunk men eyeing her, someone she used to know spots her.

"Well, well, well," the familiar voice starts. "If it isn't Blaise the Oneshot," they sneered.

Blaise's breath hitches. "K-Kyron," She stutters. She was always afraid of that guy. He would look at her weird when she had to dress up to bait.

Kyron smiles smugly. His greasy black hair is draped over his obsidian eyes, and his pale skin is covered in sweat, along with some lipstick stains on his neck. My guess is he still hasn't paid the girl who did that and just came out here for a drink.

"So you finally come back to work for us, ah?" He taunts.

Blaise glares at him. "I'm not about that life and you know it, Ky."