C H A P T E R S E V E N

Will up top 🤍

hungover sunday~ Christian French

~O L D F R I E N D S~
"Let me rephrase that; I'm not interested in a relationship with you."

BLAISE SMILES brightly when she sees MC talking Spencer's ear off while her sister, Willow-Azalea, sits there eating her lunch silently. The behavior for Will isn't out of the ordinary. Unlike her sister, Will is quite quiet and unenthusiastic, though she dresses just as loud. She's wearing dark grey, cargo pants, a grey, long sleeved turtleneck, a large, white "Virginity Rocks" t-shirt with pink lettering that's tucked into her pants, and dirty, grey Converse. Her cobalt grey hair is in its usual style; a messy ponytail, and her makeup is flawless, even if it's just foundation, concealer, cat eyeliner, blush, highlighter, contour, and lip gloss.

Blaise waves to Spencer when he sees her, ignoring all of the stares in the cafeteria at the two new students who were brave enough to sit with Blaise and Spencer. Most people seem more surprised that Spencer is allowing MC to talk to him at all, seeing as the only girl (and person in general) that he's taken a liking to was Blaise in freshman year (and recently Saint but that's only because Blaise decided to talk to him first).

"How did MC know that Spencer was your friend?" Saint asks Blaise as they walk closer to the table.

Blaise smirks. "Why don't we ask her?"

When the two of them get to the table, Spencer looks away from MC and greets Blaise and Saint.

"Hey mama, hey Aussie," he says. "Looks like we've got some new friends."

MC flicks her hand. "Blaise and Saint know me already. Blaise has been my bestie forever and Saint became my bestie this morning." She turns to Spencer, who takes another Pocky from her box. "You're my newest bestie!"

Spencer smirks. "I'm well aware, MC." He holds up the green treat. "These are so fucking good," he says to Blaise. Just as he's going to put the Pocky into his mouth, MC snatches his out of his fingers. "What the Hell was that for?" Spencer whines.

MC gives him a stern look, but with her cute face she just looks like she's pouting. "Watch your language mister. It's freaking and heck." She scolds.

Spencer turns to Blaise and gives her a "is this chick serious?" look before sighing. "My apologies," he sounds anything but apologetic, "I meant to say, 'These are so freaking good.'" Spencer corrects himself.

MC smiles. "Good boy!" She coos. She holds the Pocky up to his mouth. "Here's your treat!" Spencer takes the whole thing into his mouth and munches happily in his snack while MC ruffles his hair.

"Are you going to ask him to shake and roll over soon?" Blaise teases, causing Spencer to glare at her. Blaise smiles cheekily before looking over to MC. "How'd you know that Spencer is my friend?"

MC munches on a Pocky. "I didn't. He was sitting alone so I sat down next to him."

Blaise grins softly. That's my Myra for you. Always making new friends.

Saint turns to Will, who's just been eating her favorite thing in the world; Laffy Taffy. Saint smiles shyly and holds out his hand. "Hi, I'm Saint."

Blaise smirks at this. In the week that Blaise has known Saint, it's safe to say that he isn't the "go up to a new person and introduce themselves" type. He's more of the "I'll just sit here all alone" type. She's glad that he's coming out of his shell a bit. Granted, so has she, considering she walked up to him when she usually ignores everyone except for Spencer, but that's besides the point.

Will places a green Laffy Taffy in his hands. "Read the joke," she demands.

Saint tilts his head to the side as he reads the small print. "'Why didn't the cow read the book? He was waiting for the moo-vie.'"

Will smirks. "I liked that one." She nudges her head towards Saint. "Keep it. If it gave you a good joke, that means you're worth my time." She bites into another chewy candy. "I'm Willow-Azalea, by the way. Everyone calls me Will, only Kin calls me Azzy." Will narrows her hazel eyes. "No one else."

Saint nods his head frantically. He thought that Blaise was aggressive but Will is on a different level. She actually seems scary, while Blaise is just stand-offish.

Blaise chuckles. "Love you too, Azzy."

Will nods her head and continues to eat her candy. Saint leans in towards Blaise to whisper in her ear. As his body gets closer to hers, Blaise tenses up. She can feel the warmth radiating from him and can smell his minty scent. When he speaks so close to her ear, she shivers slightly. Spencer doesn't even have this effect on her, and he's one of the hottest boys she's ever met.

"Will's scary," he whispers.

Blaise chuckles to hide whatever emotion it is she's feeling. "You're too cute, sweetheart. She's just like that. You'll get used it," she whispers back.

"Kindle, how come you never told us that you have a boyfriend?" MC wonders.

Blaise moves away from Saint to look at her bubbly friend with multicolored hair. "Because I don't have one."

Will points to Saint, who's currently eating the Laffy Taffy she gave him. "You two aren't dating?"

Saint chokes on the candy while Blaise pats his back. Somehow she knew that this would be his reaction.

"No, we're not," Blaise answers, stealing Spencer's water and giving it to Saint to drink. "Wash it down, wash it down," she says soothingly.

Spencer turns to Will with a smirk. "If you're so interested in relationships why don't we have one?"

Will glares at him, causing the boy to discretely scoot away. "I'm not interested in a relationship."

Spencer pouts. "But you wanted to know about Blaise's."

She rolls her eyes. "Let me rephrase that; I'm not interested in a relationship with you."

The rest of the table laughs at the defeated look on Spencer's face.

I could get used to this. Blaise think happily, subconsciously scooting closer to Saint.