C H A P T E R S I X

MC up top 🧚🏾‍♀️

Ferris Wheel~ Sylvan Esso

~K I N D L E ,  M Y R A ,  A N D  T H E  C O L O R  P I N K~
"I've... changed a bit over the years."

THE NEXT morning, Saint walks into his English class, expecting everything to be normal. But, alas, things— as you may have already guessed— aren't normal. In the seat next to his, there is a girl with half purple half pink hair that's in pigtails and a very loud outfit on. She's wearing a tight, white, long-sleeved, cotton shirt with green, fluffy feathers around the wrists, a mint green sweater-vest, a mint green and white plaid bodycon skirt with a black belt holding it up and a chain hanging from on of the belt loops, white, knee-high socks, green Doc Martins, and a white collar that looks quite tight but she doesn't seem to mind.

As Saint walks closer, he sees that the girl has chocolate brown eyes, long, black eyelashes, slightly chubby cheeks, pouty lips, is Asian, and that she's eating some type of stick-like snack from a box. He sits down in his seat and fixes his glasses, taking out his homework so that he can be prepared when the teachers asks for him to turn it in.

"Hello!" The small girl says when he sits down. She's short enough for her feet to just barely touch the floor, just like Blaise.

Saint glances over at her to see that she's holding her hand out for him to shake. He looks around before pointing to his chest, as if to say "me?"

The girl giggles. "Yes you, silly." She scoots her chair closer to him so that he doesn't have to reach far to shake her hand. "I'm new here! My name is Myraliz-Cedar, but everyone just calls me MC," she introduces herself cheerfully, catching the attention of a few other people that have entered the class. The girls that have had their eye on Saint glare at MC, but she doesn't seem to notice... or care.

Saint smiles shyly and shakes her small hand. "Nice to meet you MC, I'm Saint."

MC gasps. "OMG, you have an accent?! That's so cool! I wish I had a cool accent like you do! Mine is just boring," she pouts at that, putting another stick-like snack into her mouth.

Saint looks at the snack oddly. He's seen people back at his old school eat them, but he doesn't know what they are. He's never tried one, seeing as he wasn't a very big snacker.

MC holds out the box for him. "You want one?"

Saint tilts his head. "What are they?"

She gasps dramatically, causing Saint to raise an eyebrow.

"You don't know what Pocky's are?!" She exclaims.

Saint shakes his head.

MC scoots even closer to him and holds up the box to his face, just under his nose. "Now you need to take one."