C H A P T E R T H I R T Y

Why I Love You ~ grentperez

~E M B E R   &   A N G E L~
"Uh... hey."

BLAISE FROWNS when MC drops her off in front of the unfamiliar building. Her friend had promised her earlier this morning that she had a present for her, so she was excited to see what it would be. Now that she's here, she's confused.

MC puts the car in park. "Welcome to your new therapist's office!"

"You got me therapy for my gift?" Blaise growls.

MC rolls her eyes. "Don't act like that. It's been six months since Saint was taken away and you have yet to leave his side for more than a night, if that."

"I'm his girlfriend, of course I'm going to want to be around him all the time."

"But the way you do it is unhealthy, Kin. You run across the school just to make sure he leaves his classes and makes it to his next ones, you call him randomly during the night, if he's spending the day with just his family you make him text you every thirty minutes to assure his safety; it's becoming obsessive."

"Because I care about him!"

MC sighs. "I know, Kindle. But... you can't keep living like this. You've lost your dad, been in an abusive relationship, had to save your mom from working herself to death, and had to deal with your boyfriend being kidnapped? Any normal person would've given up a long time ago. You're strong, Blaise. But your strength is your biggest weakness. If you keep making sure everyone else is okay and neglecting the fact that you're very much not okay, then you'll start losing yourself and the ones closest to you."

Blaise pouts. "You mean Saint, don't you?"

MC places a hand on her shoulder. "If it makes you feel any better, he's in therapy right now. But you probably already knew that, huh?"

A light shade of pink spreads across Blaise's face. She looks down and fiddles with her fingers. "Maybe," she mumbles.

MC laughs before unlocking the car doors. "Of course. Now, get on in there. Your therapist's name is Dr. Anderson, just so you know. I'll be here to pick you up after ninety minutes."

Blaise continues to pout but nods her head anyway. She gets out of the car and shuffles into the building. She pulls at the sleeves of the black zip-up sweatshirt that she stole from Saint. In fact, majority of her outfit was taken from Saint. Her black T-shirt with Ice Cube on it, her blue Yankees baseball cap, her chain, and several rings were all stolen from Saint. The only things that were hers were her boyfriend jeans— ironically— and her royal blue Jordan 1s.