C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N

No Cap~ Blake and Miles

~D I A B L E~
"I bow down to the king of Hell and the ring."

BLAISE LOOKS up at the large building in front of her. "KING'S GYM" is on a sign in bold, red letters. There's several writings and posters on the wall, some showing schedules of different classes, others showing pictures of Max and other boxers in the ring. Blaise looks down at her pink duffel bag— something that she couldn't bear to get rid of since her father got it for her for her twelfth birthday— that's holding her black and pink gloves, tape, water, and some snacks.

"You nervous?" Saint asks her.

He was the only person who could drive her to the gym after his game. She shakes her head.

"Nah, I'm good," she lies. She is nervous. She hasn't put on a pair of gloves in a while. Last time she did that was when she was dating him.

Saint takes in the way she's gripping the strap of her duffel bag and how her eyes are wider than usual. She's nervous. He thinks to himself. He reaches down and interlocks their fingers, smiling brightly at his— now— girlfriend.

"Come on then. Let's go in," he encourages.

Blaise takes a deep breath and nods. The two of them open the door to the gym and walk in. Blaise takes in the fact that the gym is basically empty— which is odd since it's a Saturday. But she isn't complaining. The smell of sweat always makes her gag anyway.

It's a fairly large gym and looks even larger with the wall of mirrors. There's a ring at the far left, some punching bags, mats, and speed bags in the middle, and the rest of the gym is just your average gym equipment; weights, jump ropes, etc.

And standing in the center of it all is Maximus, Amy, Liz, Ainsley, and Noelani. Liz notices the two of them first and runs over to greet her brother and best friend.

"Blaise!" She cheers, jumping up into her arms.

Blaise wraps her in a hug. "Hi baby! How was your day with Max and Amy?"

Liz giggles. "Amazing! I'm a boxer now."

Saint clicks his tongue. "Wow, clearly you like Blaise more than your big brother."

Liz scrambles out of Blaise's arms and jumps into Saint's. "How was your game bubba?"

"Oh, it was alright I guess..."

Liz raises an eyebrow. "You and Blaise shagged, didn't you?"

Saint laughs. "No!" He smirks over to his blushing girlfriend. "But I did get to kiss my girlfriend."

Liz gasps loudly. "OMG! You guys are dating?! That means you're, like, ten steps closer to shagging!"

"Stop it with the shagging, Elizabeth!" Saint scolds, embarrassed that this is what his sister's learning from whatever she watches on YouTube all the time.