Chapter 10

Elphaba's POV

Crap, Galinda knows about me and Fiyero! Quick, Elphaba, say something that'll make her less suspicious. "Uhhh...." Just then there was a knock at the door. Oh thank Oz, a distraction. "I'll get it," I said reaching for the doorknob.

I opened the door to find Fiyero. "Hey, Elphaba, I-"

"Fiyero," I said walking out of mine and Galinda's dorm, "I need to talk to you."

"What is it?"

"It's Galinda."

"What about her?"

"I think she found out about us."

"How do you know? What did she say?"

"Well, I got back to our dorm and she yelled at me asking me where I was-"

"And what did you say?"

"I told her that I was at the library for a few hours then she said that Nessa told her that she saw you and me at the library together and leaving the library together."

"And...."

"And then that's when you showed up."

"So.... should we tell her or.... just act like nothing happened?"

"I don't know.... I can't lie to her.... but, at the same time, if we tell her then that'll break her heart."

Suddenly, Galinda opens the door and sees me with Fiyero. "Well," she said, "what do we have here? It looks like my supposed-to-be best friend with my supposed-to-be boyfriend."

"Galinda," I began, "listen I-"

"I don't want to here it!" She cried. "If you love each other, fine! I can't do anything about it! Go be happy together!"

"Elphaba, let's go," Fiyero whispered, gently pulling my arm.

"Are you really going to do this?" Galinda asked both of us, with tears in her eyes.

"Let's go," Fiyero whispered again.

I hesitated, looking at Galinda.

"Fine!" Galinda yelled, with tears flooding down her face. "Go! You deserve each other!"

And with that, Fiyero and I both left.... but we didn't just leave the dorm, we left Shiz, planning to never return.