Chapter 12

Elphaba's POV (cont'd)

"Elphie!" I heard Galinda shouting.

I opened my eyes to see my blonde roommate standing at the front of my bed in our dorm room. "We're gonna be late!" She exclaimed trying to get me out of bed.

"Oh," I sighed, getting up, "sorry."

It was only a dream, I thought. I hadn't gone to the OzDust and Fiyero hadn't invited me to go. But could this dream had meant something? Was I falling in love with Fiyero Tiggular, the prince from the Vinkus who was dating Galinda, my roommate and friend?

"W-when did I fall asleep?" I asked Galinda after getting dressed.

"After I gave you your popular makeover," she answered. "You claimed that you had to go but you passed out instead. I don't understand why, though, you looked fine to me. How do you feel now?"

"F-fine... I guess."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Galinda, I'm fine."

"Good!" She smiled her bubbly, perky Galinda smile.

It's true then! Fiyero had invited me to the OzDust but my dream... the guilt I had felt seemed real and unbearable. I couldn't let that dream become the real, I don't want to hurt Galinda.

-------------------------------------------

After history, I decided I needed to talk to Fiyero so I went to look for him. When I found him, however, I saw he was with Galinda and they were kissing.

I felt my heart shatter. Students started to gather around the two and stared at them in awe. However, I couldn't bear the sight so I ran towards the Shiz park and climbed to the top of a tall tree. I wanted to be alone, I needed time to think and time to let my heartbreak settle.

Maybe this is a good thing. Fiyero was probably dared to ask me out and tell me all of that. Most likely by Avaric, one of his best friends. I can't believe that I believed this to be real! I'm such a pathetic idiot! Who in Oz could 'love' me, the Artichoke?

I felt tears well up in my eyes and I sniffled and squeezed my eyes shut to prevent myself from crying. I have absolutely no reason to cry, I'm not meant to be loved and I should have known that.

I skipped sorcery that day and just sat in the tree all day feeling stupid. I hate myself for believing that anyone could love me. I'm happy for Fiyero and Galinda... they deserve each other. They love each other and there is nothing I could do to stop that.

At that point, I couldn't hold back anymore and I started to cry. I cried for what seemed like the entire day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, all!

First of all, I'm so sorry for the long wait for this chapter! I have no excuse, I'm so sorry! Anyway, I'm also sorry that I made Fiyero seem like a bad person in this chapter but that'll change, don't worry.

Until next time!
~Fae

(Again, Fae isn't my real name, I just have a 'slight' obsession with this Fiyeraba nickname.)