Chapter 8

Elphaba's POV (cont'd)

Halfway towards the library, I bumped into someone. "Oh my Oz, I'm so sorry." I apologized. I looked up and saw their face then I realized I had bumped into Fiyero.

"It's alright...." He put his arms around me then looked at me, "You.... look... uh.... different."

"Galinda did it." Then, it was silent. I bit my lip as I took out the pink flower from my hair and cleared my throat. I took out a clean tissue from my pocket to wipe off the lip gloss and blush.

"There," he smiled as he put his hand on my cheek, "that's better. You look beautiful."

I smiled, "You don't have to lie to me, you know?"

"It's not lying... it's looking at things another way." He leaned toward me and kissed my lips passionately.

I gently pulled myself away from Fiyero's wonderful kiss.

"Is something wrong? Why did you pull away from our kiss?" Fiyero questioned.

"It's just.... it doesn't feel right.... being with you tonight and Galinda not knowing."

"So do you think we should.... stop seeing each other?"

"No, no.... I can't stop seeing you..... it'll hurt too much."

"Sooo.... now what?"

"Stay with me."

"Of course."

I looked into his beautiful sapphire eyes and smiled.

He chuckled, "W- what are you smiling at?"

"You..... because everything about you is perfect."