Chapter 3

Elphaba's POV

I cannot believe this! Everyone's off to worship this Vinkun prince at a cultish social gathering at The Oz Dust Ballroom, even my little sister, Nessarose!

"Boq was afraid to ask me at first until Galinda helped him!" Nessa shouted excitedly.

Galinda?! Oh my Oz, Galinda, out of all people, Galinda has to step in to save Nessa's day!

"Please, Elphaba, try to understand."

"I doooooo," I sang.

Then, I went to tell Galinda what just happened and when I did she gave me this big black pointed hat and told me to wear it to the party at The Oz Dust Ballroom tonight. "You know black is this year's pink!" She sang, "You deserve each other, this hat and you, you're both so smart. You deserve each other so here out of the goodness of my heart!" She gave me the hat then walked away.

Well, I guess, Galinda and I are friends now? I looked at the hat curiously then smiled knowing that I'm about to go to my first party ever. That's when I heard a whisper calling my name. It was weird because it sounded like a boy's voice and the only boys that knew me were Boq and that Vinkun prince, Fiyero Tiggular. I ran towards the sound and then standing right in front of me was no other than Fiyero.

"I would like to speak with you," he said.

"Are you talking to me?" I asked.

"Well, you're the only one here besides me."

Really, you want to talk to me? The green girl at Shiz? "Ok," I whispered.

Fiyero then motioned me to follow him and so I did.