30, Walk It Off

The ground crumbled to the world below as the rock lifted higher and higher.

"The vibranium core has a magnetic field. That's what keeping the rock together." Tony said into the coms. "If it drops now the impact would kill thousands. Once it gets high enough, global extinction."

"What do we do?" Clint asked.

Haven glanced at Steve, who was already looking at her. The Captain nodded, "we do what we came to do. We fight, and we protect."

"You're good with words." She said, earning a chuckle from her companion.

However, he wasn't given time to reply before a metallic flash came whizzing in and slammed into him. Steve went flying back, landing hard on the hood of a car.

"Cap, you got incoming," Tony said, as Haven turned and tore the limbs from the intruder.

Steve winced, struggling to sit up. "Incoming already came in." He said, looking around as the bots flew in.

Haven turned on her heels and ran. She hated this. The impossibility of it all. She knew she was helping, but that didn't stop her from feeling a tad useless.

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city down safely."

She was used to suffocation, at least to the point of a blackout. Robots had no lungs, no airways through their body. She could only pull them apart and throw them into a building. She no longer had the advantage and knowing that alone gnawed at her heart.

"The rest of us have one job..."

Haven twisted her fingers, picking up a robot and slamming it into another, crushing them both with one blow. She peeled them out of the sky, pushing them hard into the earth below until all she could hear was the sound of crinkling metal.

"tear these things apart."

A swift blow to the back of her head sent Haven flying toward the ground. And with it being such a short distance, she had no time to prepare for a soft landing. Her body smacked against the hard pavement in a matter of milliseconds. The pounding in her head came shortly after.

"You get hurt, hurt them back."

She groaned, her mouth falling open as the pain tore into her nervous system. Her hand came up, feeling the blood trickling down her forehead from where her face smacked against the pavement.

"You get killed, walk it off."

Haven turned, seeing the bots lined up behind her. All staring with their little blue eyes. She groaned, extending one arm in front of her, and demolishing them all.

The noise around her was chaotic. Cries, shattering glass, crumbling metal, tumbling rocks, gunshots. It was madness.

To her left, Haven saw Steve jump off of the bridge. In her Sight, she could see him catching a woman that Thor had thrown up.

She flew over as quickly as she could. Using her ability, she latched onto them both and pulled upward. "Thanks," Steve said, the woman running off.

"Anytime," Haven replied as a green car slammed onto the ground beside them, Thor landing shortly afterward.

The three ran off into the fight.

-- -- --

Edited 6/18/21 00:16Word Count: 527

Word Count: 527

Re-Edited 8/29/21 11:54
Word Count: 537