41, Three Days

It had been three days since she got here. Three days since she was put in this bed. Three days since she could move without being monitored.

Three days since she had seen him.

The knock on the door startled her, but not nearly as much as the person walking through did. He was tall with dark skin. He was clad in light blue scrubs and a face mask.

"I'm not as recognizable as soldier boy." He said, pulling the mask down and grinning. "You ready to get out of here?"

Haven nodded, pulling the sheet aside and letting the blue-green fog dress her in Midgardian clothes. "How?"

"I'm gonna open those windows and fly us out."

"I can fly-"

He shook his head. "No, you get 12 more hours of no ability. I'm being the hero this time." Sam said. "Captain's orders."

Haven nodded, appreciating the time to heal properly. She went to the windows, trying to open them as Sam tore the scrubs off behind her, displaying his uniform and wings underneath.

"It won't open. There's no latch." She said, turning to look at him. "We have to break it."

He let out a breath, nodding. "Hope no one is below, " he said, picking up a chair and taking a step back. Then, with a grunt, he threw the chair at the window.

The glass shattered and Haven brought her arm up, guarding her eyes.

"Alright, time to go." He said, grabbing her by the waist and diving out the window.

Haven closed her eyes, not bothered by the way flying felt. It was nothing new.

The ride only took ten minutes, so she knew they weren't far from the hospital. When Sam landed Haven smiled widely, opening her eyes and letting out a breath.

"You are a sight for sore eyes." He said, taking a step forward.

Haven moved from Sam's arms to his, letting him wrap her up and hold her tight. "Those hospital rooms stink." She chuckled, taking in his cologne with a happy heart.

Steve pulled back, looking her over. "You're not allowed to get shot again. I'm not sure I can handle that."

Haven smiled, staying close to his side as they walked into the building. "I will certainly try my best."

Then the corners of her vision went blurry, her mind swarming as she closed her eyes.

When they opened, she found herself standing in a forest. In a flash, four Asgardians ran by, fear evident in their eyes.

The roar of something behind them brought Haven to life. The little girl smashed into a hooded figure, one with a gentle touch who eased her out of the way.

As he pulled the fabric away from his face, Haven gasped. Heimdall. "Excuse me." He said, looking over the family's shoulder.

He then proceeded to tear the beasts apart with the Bifrost Sword, swinging and slashing until none were left standing.

Heimdall sighed, letting out a breath. "Sorry about that. These bloody things are everywhere. Come on."

They walked for several minutes, Haven following closely behind. She knew where they were, and she knew where they were going. But the answer as to why sickened her. Something terribly wrong has come to Asgard. Something or someone.