5, Getting Lost in The Stars

The song was slow, playing loudly in the background. It vibrated through the crowd, reaching every ear that listened.

The boat sailed past them, trailing its way into the unknown. The image before her was so much like what Haven had seen in the memory. The day her mother died, and now her grandmother.

She felt a hand fall around her shoulder, pulling her closer to his armored torso. She didn't know if he was trying to support her, or if he wanted her to support him. Nonetheless, she wrapped her arm around her grieving uncle, allowing the pair to share the sorrow.

Jane - standing on the other side of Thor - leaned her head against his shoulder, reaching down and taking his hand in hers. They truly were good together.

To Haven's right, a soldier lit an arrow on fire, shooting it at the boat. She watched silently as the flame flew through the air, arching beautifully against the night sky, before touching down.

The boat went up in the most glorious blaze of orange, yellow, and red. Haven felt a warm tear roll down her cheek, landing in the corner of her lips. She tasted the salty substance, sighing as she wiped it away.

Behind her, millions of arrows shot out, lighting the other boats aflame. The fiery fleet went slowly, trailing after Frigga's boat.

It was one of the most beautiful things Haven had ever seen. The sight made her want to close her eyes, she couldn't imagine a time as terrible as this to be so stunning.

She could feel the breeze blowing against her skin. It flicked up the stray pieces of her hair, pulling them from their tight braids. Haven let out a breath of relief, feeling comforted by the air, knowing that it was here for her. If everything in the world left, she knew she could always count on it to be there for her in a time of need. The oxygen of the world never left her side, protecting her and fighting for her through everything.

The boat approached the waterfall and Haven could feel Thor tense up beside her. A loud bang echoed through the area as Odin slammed his staff against the ground, signaling for Frigga's spirit to be set free.

And just like that, the boat dropped, leaving tiny blue sparkles in its wake. The glittery substance floated up, getting lost in the stars.

After the ceremony, Haven found Odin sitting with Thor in the throne room. "Odin, has anyone informed Loki of Frigga's untimely passing?" She asked, searching his expression.

The old man looked away from her as if he was disgusted she would even bring up Loki's name. "There's no reason. It will do you well to forget he's even around, child."

Haven met Thor's eyes, ones of sympathy. She hated the way Odin treated her, but she hated the way he treated Loki more. It was like nothing was ever good enough. She knew better than anyone of the mistakes her father had made, but she had always found something hidden in her heart that allowed her to forgive him. Odin just didn't see that.

With a nod, Haven turned on her heels, walking away from her kin. She had never really listened to the laws implanted by her grandfather. Though, if Frigga enforced it, then who was she to disobey? Denying her father the knowledge of his mother's death was simply unacceptable.

So, naturally, she made a plan to tell him.

Later that night, when Haven was sure Odin was fast asleep, she made her way down to the dungeons. No longer having Frigga to sneak her in definitely complicated things.

She walked slowly, wearing a black cape instead of her usual snowy white, in hopes of hiding her identity from the guards on night patrol.

She looked through her lashes as she went, reaching up and pulling the hood more securely over her head. It cast a dark shadow over her face, making Haven unrecognizable to any who passed by.