2, Have I Made You Proud?

The pair stormed down the hallway with as much prestige as they could muster, not willing to wait long to see their kin.

Haven could hear the heels on her boots clicking rapidly with every step, the sound like a beating heart hammering in her ears. She contemplated lifting off of the ground altogether and avoiding the sound, but her feet remained planted.

Frigga sighed beside her as they approached the throne room, viewing the man being held in manacles. The smirk on his face never failed.

Haven stood solemnly to the side, not daring to meet the eyes of Odin, she knew he would send her away.

"Hello, mother, have I made you proud?" Loki asked, his gaze falling to Frigga and Frigga alone.

Haven let out a breath, knowing she could get rid of every guard here and be gone with her father within seconds if she pleased. "Don't make this any worse, " she said, earning Loki's eyes for the first time.

"Enough!" Odin shouted, his voice nearly bored with their small conversation. "I will speak to the prisoner alone."

Haven rolled her eyes, turning and walking away from her father. She had always hated Odin. Not because her dad did, but because of the way he was willing to sacrifice millions to win a battle. Haven didn't like the idea of trading lives, and she wouldn't condone it for anyone.

She made it back into Frigga's room in a matter of seconds, closing her eyes and taking herself back to her father through her mind.

It was fuzzy at first, as it usually is when she's taken to a place so close to where her body is. However, it wasn't long before she found him, staring up at Odin.

"Frigga and Haven are the only reasons you're still alive, and you will never see them again. You will spend the rest of your days in the dungeons, " Odin demanded, allowing the guards to yank on Loki's chains, pulling him back.

Loki's expression dropped, as did Haven's as she watched her father being hauled off to his life sentence.

She didn't give herself time to register being back in reality before running over to Frigga. "You've got to get me in there."

With a simple nod from her grandmother, Haven was pulled into a spiraling tunnel of green. And as fast as she went in, she came out, landing perfectly seated in a padded chair.

Loki jumped back in surprise at her arrival, not having expected any visitors.

"Have you any idea what you've done?" She spat, standing up and walking towards him.

Loki sighed, looking downwards. "The only good thing about a life sentence was the fact that I could avoid conversations such as these with you."

"You should've known Frigga would get me in here, " Haven started, glancing around the room. "Why'd you do it?"

"There's a power out there, far stronger than any one of us could imagine. His name is Thanos, and he needed a little help."

Haven gapped, "so you just volunteered yourself to the All-Powerful? What did you think would happen?"

Loki's eyes dropped, his feet carried him over to the small couch and he took a seat. "I haven't the ability to feel regret, but I do feel remorse for the things in your life I am now forced to miss."

Haven looked around, noticing a guard walking towards them. With a huff, she smiled softly. "You really think I won't get you out of here?"

And just like that, it was as if someone grabbed her shoulder and yanked her backward into the green tunnel.

She landed back in front of Frigga, who grinned politely. "Did you have a nice talk?"

Haven nodded, noticing that it was after dark. "I'm going to go to the Parlor, if you'll excuse me."

With those last words, she parted ways from sweet Frigga and headed out to have a drink.

The walk through the castle was dreadful, wary eyes meeting hers with that of sympathy and compassion. It made her sick, the thoughts and stories that must've been going around the kingdom.

Her heels clicked against the marble floors, each step a soft reminder that she was still moving, as much as she wanted it all to just stand still.

The castle doors swung open with the simplest flick of her hand, giving her an exit into the beautiful outdoors. Birds chirped and little tree people roamed the gardens. They were called Groots, creatures that had always facilitated Haven. Though she opted to take the History of the Earth class instead of the one teaching you how to speak the Groot language.

A small wind picked up as she strode across the stone walkway. She could feel it coming before it ever brushed over her cheeks, sending strands of her golden blonde hair into her eyes. Haven smiled, feeling a great comfort with the wind, like a calm presence that would help her get out of any sticky situation. It offered itself to her, and for that, she would be eternally grateful.

The Parlor was full, packed with cheerful warriors celebrating their win from earlier today. Haven had no interest in celebration, she simply wanted a drink and an escape from the walls of the castle.

The second she walked in, Haven noticed Thor sitting at a table full of his friends. Many of which had beautiful women draped across each arm.

Thor looked up, catching her eye as she strode over to the bar, ordering one of the only alcoholic beverages Asgard offered.

"Hello, Lady Haven, " he greeted, standing next to her at the bar.

Haven smiled softly, "Thor." The pair walked away from the bar and towards the terrace outside. It was crowded with people, but their presence alone was enough to clear the space for them to talk privately.

"To what do I owe the pleasure of your company?" She asked, her eyes falling across the beauty of the kingdom at night. She could feel Thor hesitating, making it obvious that he was looking for the right words to say. Though, she knew what he wanted to discuss. It was the same every time they spoke alone. "She's doing well, uncle. She is quite clever. She doesn't know it yet, but she studies the Convergence, " she said, reassuring the God that his Mortal was still thriving.

Thor smiled, "can you see her now?"

Haven nodded, looking up at the man she resembled so greatly. She had always looked more like him than Loki, but she knew by her abilities that Loki was her true father. "She sits at a restaurant repeating the word Seabass as we speak."

And with a low chuckle, Thor was pleased. It didn't take much to bring a smile to his face. The simplest of words, telling him that Jane was doing well, was all that was needed.

"Feeling drained from a long day, I think it's best if I retire myself for the night. Sleep well, Thor, " Haven confessed, earning a wave of goodbye from her uncle before she lifted from the ground and soared into her corridor.

-- -- --

Edited 6/16/21 18:44Word Count: 1204

Word Count: 1204

Re-Edited 8/14/21 12:20
Word Count: 1213