6, Watching From Afar

The next morning came quickly, the group only getting two hours of sleep before they woke to begin the escape.

Haven stood quietly in the corner, watching closely as people entered and exited the room where Jane was kept.

She knew they were on a strict schedule, and the second she saw that Thor had secured Loki from the dungeons, it was her turn to strike.

A guard walked towards the door carrying a plate of food and another opened it for him.

She lunged forward, pulling the air from their lungs and their bodies crashed to the floor.

"Hello, Jane, follow me," Haven said, earning a shocked and confused look from the mortal.

Nonetheless, she stood from her spot on the couch and followed Haven.

The two walked swiftly down the hallways, nodding to the others as they approached Lady Sif, Thor, and Loki.

"Well done, Lady Haven," Thor said, turning his head to look behind them. "And what of Heimdall?"

Haven closed her eyes for a split second, searching for the man. After finding him, she opened her eyes, looking back at Thor. "He has distracted Odin, but they know Jane's been taken. We must go now."

And as the words left her lips, a group of soldiers started approaching from the way they had come.

"I'll hold them off," Sif said, gesturing for the rest of them to go.

Thor nodded, thanking her, and they were off.

Haven could hear the loud clanking of the armored men running after them and it sent a chill down her spine. Fugitives of Asgard. Something she never thought she'd be calling herself.

The black ship stood out like a sore thumb against the crumbling, golden columns.

"I will give you as much time as I can, " Volstagg said upon their arrival.

Thor nodded, "thank you, my friend."

The four made it into the dark ship, Haven's skin crawling. They were officially in enemy territory.

"I thought you said you knew how to fly this thing, " Loki commented, watching Thor hopelessly pressing every button.

"I said how hard could it be?" Thor grumbled, putting all of his attention into starting the ship up.

Haven stood beside Jane, the two sharing a thought with the roll of their eyes. Testosterone.

Huffing, Haven spoke up. "Thor, they're coming pretty fast now." She watched them running up to Volstagg and begin to fight. She knew it was only a matter of seconds before they were in the ship with them.

"You must've missed something," Loki said, eyeing the controls.

"No, I didn't. I pressed every button on this thing."

"No, don't hit it. Just press it gently."

"I am pressing it gently, it's not working!" As the words left Thor's lips, the ship powered on, signaling that one of the buttons he slammed his hand on had worked. He laughed proudly and began trying to steer their way out of the castle.

A giant blue circle formed around Thor and Loki, leaving Haven and Jane standing off to the side. Neither minded though, not wanting to get involved in the brotherly drama.

Thor blasted the ship out of the castle just in time, tearing apart every column and wall in his way.

As they flew under a bridge, Haven noticed the body beside her drop to the ground.