48, King of Asgard

"Haven, I could use your assistance," Loki says, looking away from the castle and at his daughter.

Haven nodded, latching onto the air around him. "So needy." She smirked, lifting into the air and hauling him behind her.

They landed on the familiar marble floors in a matter of seconds and wasted no time breaking into a run. When they finally arrived at the vault, Haven stopped. "I'll stand guard. You put that damn thing on the fire."

Loki nodded and dashed off behind her.

Haven stood, her palms open as she prepared for the worst. Though, nothing would come. They were alone in the castle, everyone else was on the bridge.

It was madness.

She was fixing to destroy her entire childhood.

But it had to be done. There was no other way.

"Go! Run, go!" Loki's voice boomed behind her and Haven turned with wide eyes. He grabbed her arm and yanked her along, pulling her away from the vault.

The pair ran as fast as they could. She could feel the steady rise of heat and the shaking of the ground. They had to get out before it set on fire or her power would be useless.

She was no match for a flame.

The marble below them split in half and they crashed to the floor underneath. Haven groaned, feeling a throbbing pain rising where she had hit her head. "Father, get up. We have to go."

She pulled on his arm, getting him to his feet before they started running again.

A sharp pain flashed across her back and she staggered forward, cursing as she regained her balance. Glancing back, she saw the angry inferno creeping on their heels.

"Just ahead!" Loki shouted, the pair running faster.

The ground shook and rumbled as they went but it failed to slow them. Their momentum never faltered until they leaped off of a balcony.

Haven took a breath, latching onto the air around her father and flying straight to the ship of fleeing Asgardians.

They collapsed to the ground, several civilians crowding around them.

Haven didn't know how long she had been lying on the floor before Valkyrie stepped over and offered her hand. The blonde took it, letting herself be pulled to her feet.

"You must be the daughter of Vera."

Haven perked up, looking at the girl with wide eyes.

Valkyrie smiled. "You fight like her. Strong, valiant, always the one to think of a solution. I'm glad she was able to pass that part of herself on, I had much admiration for it."

The blonde grinned, nodding. "Many did."

The pair walked to a window where Haven stood beside Loki and Thor. They looked out at the land they once called home. It was gray with veins of orange as the fire engrossed the entire kingdom.

"The damage is not too bad. As long as the foundations are still strong we can rebuild this place. It will become a safety, for all peoples and aliens of the universe." Korg said.

Without another thought, the land in front of them exploded into tiny little fragments of the past. Haven felt an ache in her chest.