19, The Age of Miracles

"It's over. Fury has released everything to the public." A man says, anger dripping off of his tongue like venom. Though, he had a hard time hiding his fidget.

"Everything he knows about." Says another man, one Haven recognized as Strucker.

The fidgety one sighs, tucking his hands into his pocket. "Herr Strucker, if they get word of our work here, if they find out we serve HYDRA..."

"HYDRA, S.H.I.E.L.D. Two sides of a coin that's no longer currency." Strucker replied, leading the pair into another room. A staff caught Haven's attention, the shining blue orb being something she knew immediately. Loki's scepter. "What we have is worth more than any of them ever knew. We've only scratched the surface and already...

"There are other facilities doing HYDRA's good work around the world. We'll feed them to Captain America and his colorful friends, and keep them off our scent." Strucker continued, moving again and leading the pair down a couple of hallways.

"What about the volunteers?" The other man asked.

Strucker gave a slight nod, "the dead will be buried so deep their own ghosts won't be able to find them."

"And the survivors?"

The two men came to a stop, eyes peeled ahead and staring at two creatures they both feared and admired. "The twins." Strucker smiled.

In one room was a boy in his late teens, zooming around the area. He wore tattered gray clothes over his body but it didn't hide his stout build. His shaggy hair fell in his eyes with each swift movement. Movement so fast he left a trail of color in his wake.

In the other room was a girl, looking to be the exact same age. She had long hair that fell down her back in messy waves. The rings of exhaustion around her eyes said more than any words could. Little wooden boxes floated in front of her, being manipulated by a string of red ability.

"Sooner or later, they will meet the twins. It's not a world of spies anymore. Not even a world of heroes. This is the age of miracles, Doctor. There's nothing more horrifying than a miracle."

Her eyes shot open, her breathing uneven. Haven brought her hands up, resting the pads of her fingers against the skin of her neck. She pushed oxygen into her lungs, calming her breaths and slowing her heart rate.

She stood up, letting the blue-green fog travel down her figure, clothing her in Midgardian attire as she walked out of her room.

Natasha and Haven on the 19th floor, Steve and Clint on the 18th floor, Tony and Bruce on the 17th floor, empty rooms for future members on the 16th through 11th floor, dining and lounging on the 10th floor. Haven thought of the floor plan in her head as she made her way into the elevator. Pressing the button with a 10 on it, she leaned against the wall and waited.

The ding echoed through the metal box and the doors pulled apart. As Haven made her way into the living room, she heard a familiar voice that made her pick up the pace.

"I see you've made yourself at home, Lady Haven."

She grinned widely, walking over and giving him a tight hug before sitting down on one of the couches.

Thor sat down on the couch beside her, continuing his conversation with Tony and Clint. About 10 minutes later, Steve, Natasha, and Bruce joined them.

"I'm sure you all wondering why I've come."

"You're here to inform us that Strucker has Loki's scepter." Haven interrupted her uncle, gaining shocked faces all around the group.