10, No Better Reason

A wave of relief crashes over Haven as she watches Thor defeating Malekith. It felt good knowing Frigga was finally avenged and could rest peacefully.

However, the second she heard Steve's groan as he tried to hoist her up, the relief was replaced by panic and uncertainty.

Her eyes shot open, making Steve let out a breath. "Where's Nat?"

Haven's eyes search the area, her ears picking up on the sound of approaching helicopters. Seeing red hair under a rock, Haven points and Steve nods.

Together, they pull Natasha out from under the debris. "How do we get out of here without being seen?" He asks, holding a limp Nat in his arms.

Haven's eyes search the skies, seeing that the choppers were still a couple of seconds out. She had time, but not much.

"Hold onto her. This may be a bumpy ride, " She said, gripping the wind, air, and oxygen from the trees nearby. She latched onto Steve and Nat before lifting them off of the ground.

Seeing Steve's eyes widen, she held out her hand. He gladly accepted, gripping hers with sweaty palms. She knew it comforted him, so she didn't pull away.

Once she was above the clouds, hidden from the helicopters, she looked down at Steve. "Where to, Captain?"

The soldier looked up at her, keeping his grip on her hand firm as fear danced in his eyes. It was obvious to Haven that he had never flown by ability before. "Back to Washington D.C, I know I guy that can help us."

With a nod, Haven was off. She soared at impeccable speeds, flying from New Jersey to Washington in less than five minutes.

When they landed, Haven looked at Steve curiously, wondering why they had come here. Placing Natasha on her own two feet, Haven noticed her stumbling. Reaching out, she held a wall of air behind the assassin, keeping her steady as she walked.

The three took cautious steps towards a house and Steve knocked. Natasha glanced at Haven, who gave her a reassuring nod.

The door opened, revealing a dark-skinned man in a purple t-shirt. "Hey, man, " he stated, his eyes moving from Steve to the other two women standing there.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low, " Steve said, his voice raspy from the smoke intake on his lungs. Haven made a mental note to fix that when they were inside.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us," Natasha added.

The man's eyes fell to each person before stepping aside and letting them in. "Not everyone, " he muttered, graciously allowing them to hide in his house.

Haven later found out that the man's name was Sam, and since he had two showers, he let Haven and Natasha get the first round.

Stepping under the warm water was the most refreshing thing Haven had done in weeks. She hadn't had a chance to relax or let out steam since Loki returned from New York, and she didn't see a chance showing itself anytime soon.

She ran her hands across her body, washing every bit of dirt and dust from her skin. She raked her fingers through her tangled hair, feeling it breaking free.

Once she was clean, she stepped out, wrapping herself in a towel before drying her hair.

As Haven finished, she let the blue-green fog fall down her body, dressing her in a simple human outfit. Skinny jeans, a white tank-top, a thin black jacket, and black tennis shoes.

Stepping out of the bathroom, she found Natasha sitting in a nearby bedroom, running the towel through her natural curled hair.

"Are you okay?" Haven asked, walking into the room to join her. Natasha nodded, but Haven didn't buy it. Sitting down, her eyes searched Nat's expression. "What's wrong?"