47, Be The Hero

Haven stood up, stepping past her friends and walking outside. She used her ability to dry herself off and let the blue-green fog change her into Asgardian warrior attire.

"Wait," Steve called, jogging up behind her.

She turned, taking a breath. The pair stood for what felt like forever, just staring at one another.

"I don't know what to say." He whispered, taking slow steps toward her.

Haven sighed, letting him wrap his arms around her. She engulfed herself in his smell, the sound of his heartbeat, and his soft cotton shirt. The small things that brought an infinite amount of comfort.

"Just say goodbye."

Steve nodded, resting his head on hers. "It can't be a goodbye, it doesn't feel good at all."

She chuckled, feeling a tear slip down. "Then see you soon. How's that?"

"See you soon." He whispered, giving her one last squeeze before backing away.

"I'm gonna miss you, beautiful," Natasha said, walking over.

Haven grinned, hugging her friend tightly. "You take care of him, okay?" She whispered.

Nat nodded, pulling away. "You have my word."

Haven maneuvered around the redhead, smiling at Bucky as she approached him.

He wasted no time wrapping her up with his one arm. "You better come back." He said, letting out a breath.

Haven nodded, pulling away. "Obviously. Where else would I go?"

He shook his head, chuckling softly. "Be smart. You don't have to always be the hero. Let someone else shine, I know that will be hard for you, but still." His eyes went to Steve, who was standing with Nat off to the side. "I've never seen him like this. He needs you, so just... be smart. Please."

"I will." She whispered, smiling at him. "You've been such a wonderful friend. I can't thank you enough."

"Oh, no. It's you who deserves all the praise."

Haven laughed softly. "Well, whatever the case may be, you're wonderful." She stepped back. "Goodbye, James."

He gave a small wave and she made her way to the trees.

One last look back, she saw his blonde hair and those striking blue eyes. She wasn't positive, but there looked to be a tear rolling down his cheek. I love you, he mouthed.

She nodded, I love you, too.

Without another word, she was off.

Haven landed on the Rainbow Bridge in a matter of minutes. Civilians behind her jumped back, startled.

Heimdal grinned widely. "Welcome home, Lady Haven."

"Good to be home, Sir Heimdal."

A loud growl drew their attention and Haven watched with wide eyes. A large black dog kicked its back legs before charging toward them. Heimdal readied the Bifrost Sword.

Haven opened her palms, feeling the sweet, sweet Asgardian air rushing to aid her.

Just before the dog reached them, it collapsed and started whimpering.

Hulk threw the beast around, roaring loudly at it. They ran toward one another and eventually ended up falling off of the bridge.