50, God of Mischief

"This is the Asgardian refugee vessel Statesman. We are under assault. I repeat, we are under assault. The engines are dead, life support failing. Requesting aid from any vessel within range. We are 22 jump points out of Asgard. Our crew is made up of Asgardian families. We have very few soldiers here. This is not a warcraft. I repeat, this is not a warcraft."

Haven gasped, her breathing uneven and staggered. She clenched her fist, sending clean oxygen into her lungs.

She hurt. Everywhere.

She blinked several times, trying to clear her vision in the smoky surroundings.

"Hear me and rejoice. You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan. You may think this is suffering. No. It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile. For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos."

She listened to the gray man speak, sickened by his words. His name was Ebony Maw, and she wanted him dead.

Haven thought it would be best to remain in her spot on the ground until the timing was right to get up. So she laid and watched.

Loki stood a few feet away, she could tell he was shielding her from the beast in front of him. A large man with violet skin covered with golden armor.

"I know what it's like to lose." He said, his voice deep and harsh. "To feel so desperately that you're right... Yet to fail, nonetheless." He reached down, picking up a beaten Thor by the collar and dragging him toward Loki. "It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. But I ask you, to what end? Dread it, run from it... Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say... I am."

Thor groaned, spitting a mouthful of blood onto the ground. "You talk too much."

"The Tesseract," Thanos said, eyeing Loki. "Or your brother's head." he lowered the purple stone to Thor's temple. It was the power stone, one she had seen the Guardians of the Galaxy protecting. "I assume you have a preference."

"Oh, I do," Loki said. "Kill away."

Haven closed her eyes, feeling a wave of disappointment. Though, that quickly turned to anguish at the sound of Thor's pained screams.

She watched with wide eyes, wishing she could do something. Anything.

"All right, stop!" Loki shouted.

Thor gasped, his chest heaving. "We don't have the Tesseract. It was destroyed on Asgard."

Loki pursed his lips, lowering his eyes as he extended his palm. Not even a second passed before the shining blue cube had formed.

Thanos smirked.

"You really are the worst brother." Thor breathed.

Loki nodded, stepping towards the Titan. "I assure you, brother..." he looked down at Thor. "The sun will shine on us again."

Thanos chuckled. "Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian."

Loki shrugged. "Well, for one thing, I'm not Asgardian. And for another... We have a Hulk."

This was it. This was her moment.

The second she heard the roar, Haven jumped up, running over crinkled metal and dead bodies to get to her family.

She let Loki and Thor wrap her in their arms for a brief second before she pulled away. She placed her hands on their chests, evening their breathing.

Hulk fought hard but it soon became obvious that even he was no match. Thor jumped up before anyone could protest and joined the fight.

Ebony Maw trapped Thor in a caged metal bodysuit.