The boy next door

Saturday 11:45 am

It's a beautiful day outside, it would be a waste for the day to just go by without spending it on something to do...
You walk into your warm room as you have just stepped out of your shower wearing nothing but a towel. The sun glows through your room, as you watch the dust float in the sunlight, you go to your closet to change into some shorts and a loose t-shirt since the august weather doesn't allow you to wear a sweater. You open your window, that's facing your neighbor's window, to let in some fresh air.

As you turn around you hear someone shouting at you.

"Hey, you idiot, come meet me downstairs in 10 minutes." The voice says.
You turn around and it's your neighbor, Kuroo Tetsuro... the boy you've known since kindergarten, currently go to high school with, and the same boy who you've had a crush on since the 2nd grade. You knew the moment you liked Kuroo was when he stood up to Tommy in the playground during recess after he took your peanut butter and jelly sandwich ( or a different lunch if you're allergic ;) ) and for you, it was a new feeling you never got rid of... partially because you never wanted to.

" Alright, I'm coming just give me a moment." You yell back slightly annoyed because you were startled.

You make your way downstairs and shout to your brother who was in the kitchen; that you were heading out.

"Took you long enough..." Kuroo states scoffing yet smirking while rolling his eyes as he waited sitting on your porch. 

" I didn't even take that long, you're just impatient." You reply back defensively.

" Okay, well we're going to the café because I know you didn't eat yet and then we'll head to Kenma's," Kuroo says. You've also been close with Kenma since you all were young, 

" Ugh, whyyyy?!" You nag. "You know I like dinner way more than breakfast, I'm not even hungry in the mornings. And why even bother with Kenma we both know it'll be impossible to drag his ass outside." you say lazily.
" Oh come on you're the same way, I'm surprised you even came downstairs, I thought you would've ignored me," Kuroo says jokingly frowning; while patting you're still damp hair.

God, I melt when he playfully jokes with me like that. You brush it off.

"Oh my- Okayy fine, I'll let it slide but you're buying me a sandwich," you say while reluctantly starting to walk.

As you're both walking, you take in a deep breath and smile as you feel the sun on your face. You love summer. You love winter, fall, and spring too... every moment in each just makes you feel warm inside. Especially if you're with Kuroo which just seems to make every bit of it ten times more worth it.

As you embrace the summer breeze, you realize someone staring at you... it's Kuroo.

"...what?" you say slightly confused as to why he's staring at you.

"... mhm? nothing-" he says shocked and caught off guard, " you just looked..." he doesn't finish his sentence. "... nevermind," he says softly. How weird, but you brush it off, Kuroo's always kind of weird like that, always has been, always will be.

You finally get to the cafe and wait for Kuroo outside as he's inside ordering everyone's food. You decide to pass the 10-minute wait on your phone by going through social media and swiping through pictures and videos. After a while you noticed Kuroo come out with a tray of drinks and your sandwich. your face lights up by the sight of the sandwich and you take it excitingly.

"Yay thank youu!!" you say in a high voice while smiling gleamingly. Kuroo gives a soft laugh.

 "you're welcome." he says. 

You start to eat your sandwich until you're interrupted by a girl shoving you to the side, causing your back to slightly hit the cafe window. Next thing you know you hear a high-pitched voice that literally irritates the shit out of you.

"OMG HI KUROO! how has your summer been?? Can I touch your arm!? I bet you're SOOOOO MUSCULAR!!" Jessica screeches. Jessica. Ugh makes you want to rip your hair off and gouge your eyes out. Jessica... You and Kuroo have both known her since the fifth grade. She's been after Kuroo ever since then and has always hated you because of your close friendship. to be completely honest, you don't understand why she hates you so much, but you figured it was just out of jealously because of Kuroo. Although Jessica's behavior is nothing new, you've seen this from a lot of other girls who have tried but failed terribly... which honestly confused you about Kuroo, you always thought he'd be the type to have a gorgeous girlfriend, and together they'd be the "perfect" power couple, and some of the girls who have tried getting with him were actually pretty. But like the rest of the strange thoughts you have about Kuroo, you brush it off like normal.

-End of chapter 1-