Arcade

Sunday: 12:00 pm

(Side note: Helloo! I just wanted to say that I love your comments and I'm just really glad you guys are liking the story!! It really motivates me to do more<3 anyways luv youu)

You and Kuroo ended up spending a few more hours at the diner before heading to your next destination. You already know you guys are making new memories together and you never want to forget any of them. You guys decided to wait a bit before going anywhere else because of how full you guys were. 

"Okay, ready to go my chibi-chan?" Kuroo asks as he pays for the food.  

You didn't really react to him paying for the food because you realize that whenever you guys ate out, he never allowed you to pay. "Yup, let's go," you respond.

You guys make your way to the car and buckle up for your next destination. Kuroo turns the radio back on which starts your next world tour. Kuroo doesn't tell you where you guys are going this time but he takes you guys downtown. 

A few minutes later, Kuroo parks on the side of the street and goes out to pay the parking meter. He tells you to wait in the car so he can open the door for you. He does this little jog over to your side of the car and opens the door. You get out with the assistance of his hand and look at the place you guys parked in front of. It was an arcade. 

"Wow!" you say in awe. Your eyes sparkle from the bright green and purple neon lights from the big sign hanging above the entrance. Kuroo looks at you and smiles. He does his little jog again and opens the door for you. You giggle and walk towards him. 

"After you," he says with his hand gesturing to go inside. You do as he says and walk inside with him following right behind you.

As you guys make your way down the hall, you end up finding yourselves in an arcade that was dark and only lit up by the lights coming from each video game. 

"Wow this is kinda cool, but where is everyone else?" you ask noticing there was nobody else here but you guys. 

"Oh well, I was able to rent out the place for a few hours so it would be just the two of us," he responds.

"Awe that's sweet, but why? you didn't have to go through the trouble," you tell him.

"Oh, chibi-chan you're telling me you don't remember?" Kuroo smirks.

"R-remember?" you're confused.

"Remember, when we were in the 5th grade and after school, we went the arcade across the street? You really wanted to verse me and Kenma in all the games but we had to wait a bunch of lines for each game and you said 'I just wish we could have the whole arcade to ourselves." Kuroo blushes as he explains and scratches the back of his head.

How does he even remember that? You found that so heartwarming you didn't even know what to say. "Kuroo, you remembered something like that?" 

"Of course, ever since you said that I told myself that I'd do that for you when we were older, so here we are," he says smiling widely.

"That's so amazing thank you Kuroo! Kinda sucks the old arcade we used to go to closed down," 

"Yeah I originally wanted to take you to that one but I made a few calls and it turns out that Mr. Lewis who ran the old arcade lost it a few years back and his grand-nephew wanted to commemorate it by making a new one in his honor," Kuroo says looking around the arcade.  

You take a moment to appreciate the lengths Kuroo did for you today, it's almost overwhelming but you're okay with it. 

"Soo are you ready to lose or?" Kuroo says nudging your shoulder.

"Oh wow, okay don't get all high and mighty... but wait until I literally kick your ass," you say walking towards the pinball machine.

"Oh really?" Kuroo says laughing as he follows you.

You guys make your way to each and every game. You knew you were both competitive but it wasn't until you got to the air hockey table where you realized how competitive you guys actually were. You guys finally get to the basketball hoops and you're excited. Although it's obvious you guys love volleyball, basketball is definitely a second favorite. You and Kuroo always loved versing each other in this game because it would always be a close tie and the winner varied each time so it was always hard to tell who was better. You each always had a game there was no doubt you were good at. Kuroo was always good at racing games, Kenma was quick when it came to the games with buttons and not a lot of movement. You on the other hand always liked the shooting games and were surprisingly good at the jump rope one (the one where the light moves in a circle and you have to jump before it gets to your feet) but that was only because Kuroo was always too tall for that game and would hit his head on the roof of it.

"Oh, chibi-chan you don't even know how badly you're going to lose..." Kuroo says as he grabs a basketball getting ready for the buzzer to go off so you can start. 

"Don't get so confident," an idea pops into your head. You step closer to Kuroo who's looking at the countdown and you whisper in his ear, "I just might win, isn't that right baby?" you smirk and you know he can feel it.

You quickly step back into your shooting position and get ready to shoot. The buzzer goes off and you get a head start of 5 seconds which was enough time for you to get two clean shots. Kuroo was completely paralyzed by what you did and it took him those 5 seconds to snap out of it.

"Oh my- I'm getting you back for that," he says annoyed but laughing.

It's intense. You both try to shoot as quickly and accurately as possible. Although Kuroo has the height advantage, you were always slightly quicker than him. The buzzer goes off. You pant and try to catch your breath and you look at your score, 2068. Not bad. You glance over to Kuroo's score. Sadly, he is not able to get back at you because his score was 2038. 

"Aha! EXACTLY! That's what I thought... Mhmm, and she wins once more! The crowd goes wild! Ahhhh!" you exclaim in his face as you jump and mimick a crowd cheering. Kuroo just looks at you and smiles. To be completely honest, if this was anyone else, Kuroo would get annoyed and ask for a rematch but because it was you he couldn't help but be happy that he's making you happy. That's another thing you admired about Kuroo too... that he doesn't doubt his worth and knows he's good enough for you. 

You giggle, "I thought you were going to get me back? What happened, huh?" you tease him as you point to his score.

Kuroo leans against the end of the game and pulls you closer. Your smile suddenly fades into a face of slight shock. "What happened to your confidence just now?" he says smirking and his eyebrows furrowed. His look right now is making you lose all senses.

"I- uh," oh shit. No come back.

"The answer to your question chibi-chan, I'll get back at you like this..." Kuroo grabs your chin and slowly leans into your face. He gives you a sly look and his iconic smirk. You can feel your cheeks burn and you can't even wipe the dumbfounded look on your face because just like Kuroo earlier, you are paralyzed. Kuroo finally connects his lips with yours and just like every time before, you feel warmth and security. There's always so much passion when Kuroo kisses you and it never fails to give you butterflies. He pulls you closer by the waist and you pull his collar. You can tell he liked that because he smiled in between the kisses. His hands grip your waist a little tighter and his kisses get a little more intense. You slightly smile knowing he's enjoying this but you pull away and say "You know, we still have the rest of the day to get to,".

"It can wait," he says quickly as he tries to continue to kiss you.

"Nope. I think I want to see what else you got planned," you say teasing him.

"Mmokayy fine," he says pouting. What a baby.

-End of Chapter 24-