Shopping

Timeskip: a month- Saturday: 1:35 pm

"Mayumi... I don't know about this one..." you say struggling to keep the dress from slipping. 

"Well, I mean yeah- it's not even the right size, here try this one..." she says passing you another dress.

Shopping. It was usually fun, being at the mall, getting new clothes and what not, but you were shopping for a prom dress... for prom. You were very conflicted with what dress to get and it made you nervous. It was honestly annoying how nervous you were, you don't even know why you were anxious but you guess something about going to a dance was weird. You never really felt comfortable with dancing and socializing with people. And now that you're the girlfriend of Nekoma's team captain and knowing every girl would literally kill to be you, you knew there was a social aspect you would have to play during prom. 

"Oh lighten up, you'll look amazing," Mayumi says trying to reassure you. How did she know? Mayumi and you have been spending a lot more time together and it's nice. She's had more free time recently which she deserves. 

"I'm sorry! I'm just... tense," you admit. You realize you're probably just overreacting so you try to change the topic. 

"So, you never told me how your date went..." you say smirking. 

"No." mayumi shuts you down.

"What?? I didn't even say much," you say shocked.

She lets out a sigh, " I don't know... he was actually quite sweet," she says starting to blush.

"Ouu! Details!" you squeal.

"Oh my, there's nothing much about it, we were two adults who had a good time and that's it..." she says. But there was definitely more to it.

"Did you guys... you know- MHM??" you hint.

"UHM! aren't you like 18??" she says flustered.

"And aren't you like almost 30??" you snap back.

"HEY! I'm an independent woman who loves her job and doesn't NEED a man," she says.

"Touché.." you agree.

You guys hop from store to store trying to find the perfect dress. You guys ended up at a cute boutique. You were looking through the racks until you layed your eyes on a beautiful dark green silk dress. It was perfect. You went to go try it on and it fits like a glove.

"Let me see!" Mayumi demanded excitedly.

"Okay okay," you come out of the dressing room and show her the dress. Her face drops. You turn back around to look in the mirror and you can't help but smile. This is the one.

"Kuroo's going to love it!" She says pulling out her phone.

"No wait! I want to surprise him..." You say starting to blush.

"How cute. It amazes me how you guys have been dating for like almost 5 months now, yet you seem to forever stay in the honeymoon phase," she says putting her hand to her forehead. Mayumi wasn't the romantic type. Although she could get any guy she wanted, she didn't want just any guy. She was picky because she knows what she wants. But if she doesn't see potential then she won't waste her time.

"Honestly it surprises me too, but i'm not complaining," you say.

"I should at least be able to tell him what colour it is," she says.

"Fine, I'm pretty sure he wanted to match anyways," you admit. 

You take of the dress that made you feel worth more than diamonds and slipped back into your regular- people clothes. 'If only I could wear this dress forever..'