Fireworks

Timeskip: 6 days, Friday: 7:30 pm

You're sitting on your bed with your laptop skipping from watching videos, tv-series, and searching for things that cross your mind. Your bedroom window is open like always just in case your friendly neighbor has something to say. It's always been like that since you and Kuroo were little. You've been communicating every day through that window. It's what's got you two close and kept you two close. You remember when you guys were eight, there was this one night where you stayed up till the sun was almost out, talking about who knows what. Until eventually you fell asleep with your head resting on the window sill because Kuroo started talking about how the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell. It was another moment you would've wanted to bottle. 

"Hey Y/N!" Kuroo yells.

You smile, approach the window, and say "what?"

"I have something to tell you," Kuroo says cheerfully.

"What?" you say flatly.

"jeez, a little bit of emotion would be nice..." Kuroo says hurt but you know he's just joking.

"...what?" you say again flatly, trying to mess with him.

" You hurt me sometimes you know..." Kuroo says clenching his chest and frowning, " meet me on top of the roof in 30 minutes." he says.

"Okay," you respond.

The roof Kuroo is talking about is his roof which has a flat part where you guys go to stargaze. You realize how many things you do together that couples usually do, but I guess since you grew up so close you always tried new things together. The roof was usually used only for occasions like big news, sad news, when you miss each other, when you need to rant, when you need to cry, when you need a really good laugh, and I mean really amazing laugh sessions, and of course, when you just need to get away from life. You can always use the roof for your own needs even when the other is not around, but at the end of the day, the roof never only has one person on it... It's always been you and Kuroo up there. (Kenma can use it too he's just lazy ;p) When you're trying to find one another and there's nowhere else to look, there's usually a pretty good chance you or Kuroo will be found up there. No one really knows about it not even Kuroo's parents or yours, It's always been kind of like a secret hideout just for the two of you. 

30 minutes pass by and you've already showered and eaten dinner. You've waited for Kuroo to text you to come over until you finally receive a notification on your phone. 

text POV:

Idiot <3

Idiot<3: hey you can come now;)

You: oh finally it took you long enough...

Idiot <3: oh shut up and get your ass over here

You: okok I'm coming 

You throw on some sweats and a cropped sweater since it's night, you decide to take advantage of the cool breeze that allows thicker clothes. You make your way outside and up on top of the roof by using the ladder Kuroo put out for you. On the roof, is Kuroo with two blankets: one to sit on and one to cover yourselves with, and a box of pizza.

"Wow what's the occasion?" you asked surprised just because the box of pizza makes it a little fancier.

"Nothing, I just have some news that I don't know if it's good or bad," Kuroo says laughing.

you sit down on the blanket beside Kuroo and grab a slice of pizza. "So what's up?" you say with your mouth full of pizza.