Milkshake

Sunday: 9:00 am

You wake up to the sun shining through your windows. You take a deep breath and give yourself a good stretch, you know, the kind that lets you know you're well-rested. You wipe your eyes and yawn. You sit up and let yourself relive last night one more time. You take your right hand and rest it on your left shoulder, you remember Kuroo's chin resting on your shoulder when you hugged. You let your hand roam to the nape of your neck and remember Kuroo holding you there when he kissed you. You move your hand to your cheek, you remember Kuroo's hand caressing you there. You move your fingers gently to touch your lips, you remember Kuroo's lips there. You let your fingers brush through your hair, remembering Kuroo's hand brush through it. 

The thought of it all made you smile. You start to think about how you guys grew up with each other, lived every moment with each other, and made you realize that you never want to stop living each moment with him. You never want to stop having that feeling you get every time you're with Kuroo and frankly you don't think you ever will stop getting that feeling. 

You finally get up and make your way to your closet. You look at your mirror and can't help but smile. Ew, you hate how mushy- gushy you feel, but deep down you know you don't actually hate it. You try not to look at your window because you want to see him when you're able to run into his arms. You go shower and put on a cute outfit. As you head down the stairs you hear your parents talking to someone in the living room. It was Kuroo. They notice you come down and they all stand up. Your mom looking at you with a big smile and your dad giving you this look that says "I'm happy but I'm not going to show it". You're so confused. You look over to Kuroo who was wearing something casual yet well put together. You smile.

"Uh hey... guys?" you say with hesitance.

"Oh, hun you look beautiful..." Your mom says with a wider smile.

"Uh thank you, mom. What's going on?" you ask.

"We'll let you guys catch up... come on," your mom says gesturing to your dad to leave the room. Your dad sighs and rolls his eyes as he reluctantly follows your mom.

You walk down the stairs and make your way to Kuroo who was standing in the living room. 

"Hey you," you smile.

"Hey you..." he responds with a soft smile as he reaches out to hold your hands.

"Soo mind telling me why you're talking to my parents at 9:30 in the morning?" you say.

"Nope. You'll find out later but right now we're going out." He answers.

"Like- like a date?" you ask surprised.

"Yup. Exactly. A date." He says with confidence.

"You should've told me, I would've worn something nicer-" you complain.

"No, what you're wearing is just fine for what I have planned, and even if you showed up wearing a garbage bag I'd still think you're beautiful," he says holding your cheek.

"Stop," you say, playfully pushing him. Ah, his words man. They just make you melt like butter, "Well, you should've asked me first. What if I had plans." you say crossing your arms and lifting your chin to look more intimidating.

"Are you busy?" he asks.

"No, but-"

"Then you're coming with me," he says quickly.

He grabs you by the hand and basically rushes you out the front door. Your mom waves you guys goodbye from the kitchen while your dad sulks at the fact that you're actually growing up. You guys make it into Kuroo's car and buckle your seat belt.