(Hunter x Reader) Sleep Aid

(Old A/N: Hunters seem like they would give good cuddles...also yes I've been listening to a lot of sleep aid asmr when I got the idea for this)

The city was dark as the midnight skies flew by, crawling with zombies around every street corner. Despite this, you were safe up above in a locked up apartment with all the supplies you could need for the next couple of weeks. As boring as it got being locked in alone, a big issue was regarding your sleep schedule. Without going out much and being productive, the days slowly began to repeat and slow.

You laid in bed as the clock ticked away, you felt tired, yet you just laid there staring at the ceiling. God, you missed interacting with others, and actually doing things. You just wanted everything about this "flu" to be over with. A sigh was let out from your lips, which became a yelp as soon as you heard scratching at the door-

You jumped up as you heard it along the sound of growling and grabbed the nearest knife before walking over. Slowly but surely you walked over to the peephole and looked inside. It was a Hunter, specifically your Hunter. You felt relieved as you opened the door.

"Holy shit you're finally back, get in before quickly before another zombie comes by." You hurried them in. They rushed in and took off their backpack, which seemed heavy.

"I would've gotten in from the window but all of them were boarded, I didn't want to ruin your work." They laughed as they went to hug you.

You blushed as you hugged back. "I can't risk dying by a different Hunter, ya know. I may be a carrier but all this can still kill me.."

"You're right...well I'm at least happy to see you're alive and well enough-" They went back to the backpack and dumped out the supplies that were packed in it. "I gathered more things for you! I got very lucky on some med kits and different food options at this mall center." They showed their toothy grin, making you smile back.

"Thank you, and I'm happy to see you're all back in one piece. Was there anything notable about the current state of infection out there?" You started organizing some of the canned foods with your current stash.

"Can't say, there didn't seem like much happening except some other survivors trying to make it through the city. Something told me they were probably carriers like you." Hunter assumed as they began to mess around with a roll of medical tape.

"Hmm, well it's something. At least I know there's still some people alive and  making a break for it. I can't imagine going out into crowds of zombies." You nervously laughed before yawning.

"Mhm, If anything I couldn't imagine you being up at this time. Did you miss me that much?" They teased as they placed the tape on the table and went over to you, arms wrapping around your waist. They rested their head on your shoulder.

You felt embarrassed for a moment but placed it aside and decide to be honest. "Yeah actually...I missed you and having regular conversations often. I missed actually doing something productive and not having to worry about death." You noticed the change in Hunter's expression.

"Oh damn, I'm sorry to hear. Do you want to talk more about it?" They let go and sat down on the couch nearby, patting the spot next to them.

You declined but still sat down next to them "Not really, if anything I just want you to stay for awhile." You felt yourself yawn again. "Oh also get some sleep..."

Hunter nodded and sat there unsure what else to say. They remained silent and simply wrapped their arms around you, and leaned back. "Let's stay here for awhile then. You can rest on me if it helps, okay?" Their voice becoming softer.

You smiled as you felt yourself getting comfy, eyelids slowly growing heavier. "Thank you, Hunter." You nuzzled your head against them which gave them a chuckle.

"No problem y/n. I do this all for you, and only you. Perhaps tomorrow we can find something new to do. How does that sound?" One hand of theirs started to rub your back.

"I would like that..." you had your eyes closed now, starting the first stages of sleep.

They chuckled again, and kissed your forehead gently as you two continued to lay there. "Glad to hear it, sleep well Sweetheart. I love you very much."

(A/N: I want to apologize for abandoning this book, tbh I haven't looked back at my old writing nor most of the comments. I can't guarantee how much I'll keep writing, but just know I do appreciate you all for staying around.)