15

"Hey, how do you guys feel about stealing?" Rezalia asks from the tree she was lounging in. "Like, food and water."

The three exchange looks. "Well," Smellerbee starts. "We're trying to straight, you know? But if we have to I guess it's okay."

"Chill. Just wandering. The guy I was with before stole everything he saw, he's kinda new to being broke," Rezalia answers, swinging upside down on her branch.

Longshot nods in response, though Rezalia wasn't quite sure what he was agreeing with. She had yet to really understand his way of communication, which is to say complete silence that sometimes included intense eye contact. Rezalia wasn't quite sure the others didn't use telepathy to talk to him.

"We're close to Full Moon Bay," Jet says. "We'll get there tomorrow."

"Great. Not to complain, but I'm tired of walking."

"Sounds like complaining."

"Shut the fuck up, Jet," Rezalia says with a grin. Jet grins back and lays back.

True to Jet's word they did reach the ferries the next day, with passports at the ready. Though, Rezalia's was forged because it was possible that her name would be recognized. Either as the Devil of the Fire Nation or as the best friend of the banished Fire Nation prince. They got through customs easily enough. The biggest problem was the rude lady at the desk, but she let them through without too much of a fuss. She mostly had a problem with Smellerbee's hair. Thought it had critters in it, which was kinda rude.

Jet said that they would be on the boat for two days, though that was hardly nothing compared to the three years Rezalia had spent on a ship but she couldn't really tell Jet that. He'd ask too many questions. Their little group had gotten to the bay a day early, so they stayed in the waiting room type thing they had set up for the night.

As they stayed, they were fed gross food that was probably rotted. It was their only option, no outside food was permitted on the ferry. The food on the boat itself was no better. In fact, coupled with the rocking of the waves, it was almost worse. "I'm gonna go see if anyone else wants this shit, I can't eat it anymore," Rezalia says as she walks off with a wave over her shoulder.

Jet doesn't seem to hear her, too busy eavesdropping on another conversation. "Aren't we all?" he cuts in. The two males look over, the younger of the two holding his disgusting food. "My name's Jet, and these are my freedom fighters, Smellerbee, and Longshot. Uh, where'd Rei go?"

"She's auctioning off her food," Smellerbee replies. Jet doesn't miss the way the younger perks up at the girl's name.

He doesn't ask any questions about the girl, though. "Hello."

"Here's the deal. I hear the Captain's eating like a king, while us refugees have to feed off his scraps. Doesn't seem fair, does it?" Jet asks. Rezalia sighs as she walks along the rail toward her friends, not paying any attention to who they were speaking to.

"Trying to spark a rebellion again, Jet?" she asks as she crouches down on the rail. Jet rolls his eyes at her and tugs her off of it. Rezalia snickers and flips to land on her feet rather than her face.

"Z- Rei?" a familiar voice calls softly.

Rezalia whips around, already smiling. "Lee!" she exclaims, almost forgetting to use his fake name. Zuko pulls the girl into a hug, firmly ignoring the way Jet was scrutinizing him. "And you found Mushi!"

"Yeah," Zuko murmurs as he releases his best friend. Rezalia links their arms and leans heavily on Zuko. "Did you lose the ability to stand on your own?"