37

By the time the Fire Nation coast guard was on the boats, everyone else was off of them and gathered into the underwater vessels that Sokka had designed. Said young man blushes as the others praise his inginuity, looking out the windows with awe. They pass under the net without issue and Rezalia absentmindedly notes that she'll have to remind Zuko to correct the design flaw when he took over. The thought makes her freeze where she stands.

"Hey, you okay?" Teo - a friend of the others - asks. Rezalia allows her metaphorical mask to slide into it's well worn place.

"Fine."

Teo didn't look convinced but allowed her to move past it and join the others in approaching Aang. "So, this is it huh?"

"Are you ready for the Fire Nation to know the Avatar is alive?" Sokka asks. Aang confirms that he was and begins to bid everyone goodbye.

Toph holds out her fist. "I hope you kick some serious Fire Lord butt, Twinkle Toes." Aang laughs as he bumps her knuckles gently with own.

"When you're beating his ass tell him I send my regards, yeah?"

Aang cackles at Rezalia's words and promises to do so as he steps into her hug. After that, Rezalia blows Katara and Aang a kiss and drags Sokka away from the pair. "This is the highest level of betrayel, Lia."

"Would you let your sister get laid, please?"

"LIA!"

Sokka's protest is drowned out by Toph's laughter as Rezalia pulls them to the doors of the vessel. "Stop pouting and go get your warrior clothes on," she instructs. Sokka only sulks a moment more before snapping into the proper mindset and lining up with the others. "Remember, they'll still have their fire for the first half of this thing, so don't get too cocky."

"The next time we resurface, it'll be on the beaches. So stay alert, and fight smart," Hakoda adds, hand on Rezalia's shoulder. "I know you said you don't fight with your bending but is there any chance...?"

"For you? Anytime," Rezalia replies and Sokka screams again. With the tension sufficiently loosened, the fire bender turns to the front and braces for a fight.

As soon as the doors cracked open, Rezalia was off. As she ran, her arms fly toward the sky in a fluid motion, her fire mimicking the movement of water in the way it rises in front of her and curls at the edges. Skidding to a stop, Rezalia pushes her palm foward in a distinctly earth bender, sending the wave of fire to the Fire Nation warriors who had yet to react in any capacity.

The effect is immeadite. Screaming sounds out as the warriors run from the flaming watch towers. Rezalia didn't allow them get very far, raising a circle of flames around them in the sand with a flick of her wrist. Wary of the flames far powerful of their own, they press together in the center. "You'll pay for this, traitor," one of the hisses at her.

"Promise?" Rezalia purrs in return, blowing a ring of fire toward him and allowing it to dissipate before it could reach him. She was gone before he could respond.

As they made their way up the mountain, Rezalia fronted their attacks, backed by earth benders and tanks alike. Sokka and his batallion had dissapeared from the girl's view but she hadn't the time to worry about them. To be distracted was to be dead and to be dead was to be a disgrace.

"On your left!" She shouts as she races past Haru, white flames flowing with her hand as she flings it through the air at incoming enemy soldiers.

"Thanks!"

Rezalia doesn't waste her breath responding, her entire being locked in battle with those who had watched her grow up. Regardless of the morals of the strategy, it granted her an advantage that she would gladly take. "Hey Lino, how are the kids?" The woman falters and Rezalia does to her as she did to the others. Any feeling she had on the matter could wait until after she'd won.