7

It takes a while, a long while, but Zuko, Iroh, and Rezalia manage to retrieve the boat along with the help of crew and the guards. Their stuff dried out fairly quickly, with the help of firebending. Of course, while they were getting everything together Zuko and Rezalia threw some of Iroh's thing away and told him they were lost. Only the things he's had for years and not used the whole time.

Eventually, they were sailing again. And Rezalia was once again walking along the railing, much to the displeasure of Iroh and Zuko. When things got especially quiet, Rezalia would do an ariel just so that they would yell at her. At least it gave her something to do. Also, it was oddly amusing to watch Zuko's face gradually turn purple. Zuko would probably smack her with his telescope if she ever said that out loud, though.

Things were beginning to go quiet again after Rezalia's latest show of acrobatics when Iroh began to sniff the air. Nobody batted an eye, used to things like this by now. "There is a storm coming. A big one."

Zuko sighs and lowers his telescope. "You're out of your mind, Uncle. The weather's perfect. There is not a cloud in sight."

"The storm is approaching from the north. I suggest we alter our course and head southwest," Iroh continued, as if his nephew hadn't spoken at all.

"We know the Avatar is traveling northward, so we will do the same," Zuko replies, becoming irked.

"Prince Zuko, consider the safety of the crew," Iroh urges. Rezalia nods in agreement, though she wasn't sure that Zuko saw.

Based on his next exclamation, she ventures to say that he didn't. "The safety of the crew doesn't matter!" A few of the crewmembers overhear, including the Lieutenant. Zuko spots the Lieutenant and gets in his face. A habit he seemed to have. "Finding the Avatar is far more important than any individual's safety."

Zuko then storms off. Rezalia rolls her eyes and jumps off the railing to follow him. As she goes, she hears Iroh say; "He doesn't mean that, he's just all worked up."

Rezalia opens the door to find Zuko lying in bed, facing away from the door. "I did it again," Zuko says quietly. Rezalia steps into the room and shuts the door behind her.

"You did," she agrees, leaning against the door. Zuko lets out a groan of frustration and turns to lie on his back.

"What is wrong with me?! I'm trying so hard to do better but nothing's happening! I always go backwards!" Zuko shouts. "Why can I never do anything right?!"

Rezalia sits down on Zuko's bed next to him and pulls her legs up. "There's nothing wrong with you, Z. Getting better isn't a straight path. You'll go back and forth for a while, but you'll get there. I believe in you. The fact that you're even trying means the world to me. I'll be with you the whole time to keep you in check."

Zuko manages a small smile and reaches out to squeeze her knee. "Thank, Zali. I know I'm not the easiest to put up with."

"Bull, Z. You know I'd rather be here than anywhere else," Rezalia replies, patting his hand.

"That's cause we feed you for free."

"Yeah, well."

Rezalia and Zuko remain in his room for a while more, Zuko listening to Rezalia prattle on about how she wanted to somehow make her hair look like fire. Zuko agreed that it would be pretty cool and they went back to the deck. Once there, they're greeted with Iroh and four crew member, including the Lieutenant, watching a storm draw closer.

"Uh! Looks like your uncle was right about the storm after all," the Lieutenant says.

Iroh waves him off. "Lucky guess."