45

Rezalia had no idea where the boys had gone. So she wandered aimlessly around the prison, acting as though she were looking for suspicious activity, and when a sea of guards swept her toward the courtyard, she went willingly. In the center, the couse of the crowd, was a large prisoner. He seemed more annoyed than anything else but the much shorter guard in front of his seemed angry. "I didn't do anything! I'm going back to my cell," the prisoner says, turning to walk away.

Rezalia makes her way to the front of the crowd as the guard responds, "Stop right there, Chit Sang! I've had it with your unruly behavior!"

Chit Sang exclaims, "What did I do?"

"He wants to know what he did. Isn't that cute?" the guard asks two nearby guards who instantly tense up.

"Uh, very cute, sir." And though he lowered his voice, Rezalia would recognize it anywhere. There was Zuko and next to him was surely Sokka.

Sokka nods quickly. "Super cute."

The guard nods approvingly and walks up to Chit Shang. "You didn't bow down when I walked by, Chit Sang!"

"What? That's not a prison rule."

The situation only escalated from there until Chit Sang was being seized by the guards. It was only when they stopped and looked at her that the first guard noticed Rezalia's prescence. "Lady Rezalia! I heard of your prescence. What would you have us do with the prisoner?"

He was clearly looking to impress her. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction. "Need to be told how to do you job?" Rezalia replies icily. "You have a freezer do you not? It's standard protocal so follow it. Or would you like me to write down directions for you, as well?" The guard flushes and hurries away, snapping at a few of the prisoners who were snickering as he passes. Rezalia turns to the still gathered crowd. "Well? Shows over."

Everyone scrambles away and Rezalia looses the boys once more in the chaos. She remains in the coutyard, pacing around the perimeter and keeping a distance from the girl eyeing her. Rezalia wasn't sure what she wanted but she did know that she couldn't afford to break her cover.

After a while, Sokka falls into step behind her and they make their way up to the second floor. "I think I might have an idea on how to get out of here," he mutters and Rezalia hums lightly in response, gazing into the courtyard with feigned disinterest.

"Hey there, fellow guard, how goes it?" Zuko asks from behind them. Rezalia snickers as Sokka raises his visor.

"Zuko?"

Both of them quickly hush them. "I accidently have literally everyone on the look for Zuko so please shut up," Rezalia hisses.

"Gee thanks," Zuko grumbles. "Listen, I asked around the lounge. There are no Water Tribe prisoners. I'm afraid your father's not here."

Sokka deflates. "What? Are you sure, did you double-check?"

"Yeah," Zuko replies, voice soft. "I'm sure."

The boy slams his fist into the wall and Rezalia and Zuko express their condolances. "Ah, what would Uncle say? Sometimes, clouds have two sides, a dark and light, and a silver lining in between. It's like a silver sandwich! So...when life seems hard...take a bite out of the silver sandwich!"

Rezalia stares at the boy increadulously but Zuko seemed so proud of himself so she said nothing. Sokka suddenly runs up to the railing, grinning up at something. "Maybe we haven't failed after all!"

"That's the spirit! I can't believe that worked. I didn't even know what I was saying."

Sokka shakes his head. "No, what you said made no sense at all. But look! It's Suki!"