48

Suki bounces on her toes a bit, golden fire nation jewelry jangling. "We were just in town and we found this poster!" She holds it up for the others to see. On it was what Rezalia refers to as the original team, Katara, Sokka and Aang, while in the background Zuko's face looms.

"What? How is that possible?" Katara asks, squinting at the paper.

Sokka grins, clearly very excited. "Listen to this, 'The Boy in the Iceberg is a new production from acclaimed playwright Pu-on Tim, who scoured the globe gathering information on the Avatar, from the icy South Pole to the heart of Ba Sing Se. His sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war, and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage'."

Zuko frowns a bit and looks to Rezalia, who shrugs. She didn't know anything about a cabbage merchant.

"'Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players'," Suki reads, tilting the poster back toward herself.

Instantly, Rezalia wrinkles her nose and wraps her arms around Zuko's waist at the same time. Zuko brushes her hair off of her shoulder and wraps his arm around her lower back. "Ugh! My mother used to take us to see them. They butchered Love Amongst the Dragons every year!" he complains.

"Are you two going to be gross for forever?" Sokka asks, eyeing the couple with faux distaste.

Suki elbows him. "Hush, they're cute."

Katara took a moment to roll her eyes at her brother before getting back on track. "Sokka, do you really think it's a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?"

"Come on, a day at the theater? This is the kind of wacky time-wasting nonsense I've been missing!" Sokka cheers.

"The play has been running for a few days now, we can just tell people that we're in costume," Rezalia reasons. "And if that doesn't work, we can just beat everyone up and run." Katara fixes her with a look. "Joking!"

Zuko chuckles, squeezing his girlfriend closer as he does. She lays her head on his shoulder as everyone makes plans to go to the play. He presses a kiss to her head, just because he could.

As the sun began to sink, the group donned cloaks and headed out to the theater. Rezalia remains glued to Zuko's side, hand securely tucked in his. Zuko kept his hood up, reaching up every now and again to make sure it hadn't slipped. Luckily, Rezalia still had her card and was more than happy to use it to pay for tickets.

Their seats were easy enough to find, they had a box all to themselves. Semi-jokingly, Katara banished all of the couples to the back row. Suki and Rezalia sat on the inside, their respective boyfriends on the outside. Zuko grins as Rezalia leans on his shoulder, pressing her cheek to the arm connected to the hand she was holding. Beside them, Suki settles under Sokka's arm and offers Rezalia a handful of snacks she's swiped from the counter when they'd walked past. She giggles and accepts.

"It's starting," Zuko murmurs, more to himself than anything else.

The curtains rise, revealing "Katara" and "Sokka" on a small boat in icy waters. "Sokka, my only brother! We constantly roam these icy South Pole seas, and yet never do we find anything fulfilling!"

"All I want is a full feeling in my stomach! I'm starving!" "Sokka" proclaims, holding his arms out as he delivered the punchline.The original models turn to one another, moderately disgusted.

"Is food the only thing on your mind?"

"Well, I'm trying to get it out of my mind and into my mouth! I'm starving!"