5

~5~

~5~

The second I noticed light peer up from the staircase I realized it was morning and immediate relief washed over me. I bounced up from my crouching position and sprinted towards the staircase and up the stairs. Sam stood there at the door, staring at me in confusion as to why I was in such a hurry. He must have thought I was trying to escape because before I could move past him, he stopped me by putting his arm around my waist.

"Where the hell-" I cut him off. "P-please, I hate the dark." I gave him pleading eyes, my words spitting from my mouth faster than I could process.

He looked past my shoulder then back to me, sighing, he moved his arm, and slowly I walked past him and towards the living room. My arms were wrapped around my aching stomach, my tired eyes focusing on the 2 figures spread across the room. Jake was sitting on the couch, Corey in the kitchen, and Colby was nowhere to be seen.

"Geez, you look rough," Jake said in a humorous tone.

I ignored him and silently stood there. Running one hand through my messy hair. I was sure it looked like hell.

"Don't be a jerk." Corey scoffed, "She's probably terrified right now."

He's not wrong.

"Plus hungry n'tired." Sam appeared from behind me, water bottle and granola bar in hand. "Her cot was left untouched and she didn't eat," he said, tossing them on the counter.

"Hm, Colby ain't gonna like that," Jake leaned his head back against the back of the couch and shut his eyes "Why didn't you sleep?"

"Or eat?" Added Corey.

I shrugged my shoulders slightly, "Couldn't. A-and I slept, just not well." I replied.

This was true. I got a decent, what, 4-5 hours of sleep? Depending on what time it was right now. My stomach was growling as well, I hadn't eaten anything yesterday or last night, so I was pretty hungry. I ignored the hunger and pit feeling in my stomach though.

I didn't exactly have a big appetite at the moment either.

"It's fine, we'll be getting breakfast later. It's only 5," Sam said, taking a seat on the couch opposite side of Jake, "We'll be on the road all day so you'll have time to rest then as well." I looked outside and saw it was indeed still dark outside.

I wouldn't be getting any sleep. I would be sitting in between my two kidnapers on a 15-ish hour drive, heading to an unknown state while they do who knows what on the way. They still have the necklace I'm assuming, they could be taking it somewhere and selling it to someone. Things like that aren't trophies to people like them, they're just money downsized until they can get the actual cash. And they were going to get a lot of it if they were going to sell it.

"Where did Colby go anyway?" Corey asked, also taking a seat on the couch. He sat next to Jake, pushing his legs off the edge so he could sit. Jake glared at him, rolled his eyes, and then let them shut again.