20

~20~

~20~

            "You know I don't understand why we have to train alone," I say, setting down my water bottle on the side bench, taking a seat. It was an early Monday morning and Colby insisted we started my self-defense training as soon as possible. I just didn't see why it had to be 2 days after he was legitimately stabbed in the side. I mean, was he even okay to be moving it? "And so early." I continue.

"Well, mornings are the best time to exercise. It puts you in a good mindset, encouraging you to work hard throughout the rest of the day." He tells me, staring at me while he walks over to the light switch and flicks them on, turning on all the lights to the Lab's gym/training room. It wasn't that big, only having a boxing ring in the middle along with a few other workout equipments along the edges of the room. The color red was a recurring theme I've noticed as well.

"You do realize I haven't really worked out a day in my life? unless you count school gym." I tell him.

"I do," he replies simply, "Now c'mon, we're starting." he pulls off his sweatshirt, leaving him in a normal black Tank top.

I sigh and stand up, pulling off my shirt and throwing it to the side, leaving me in only a workout bra. It was comfy and flexible, why wouldn't I work out in it? I look up from adjusting my leggings to catch Colby staring at me. "What," I say, "You gonna comment on how inappropriate my outfit is?" I sass, crossing my arms.

He shook his head, "No, just.. nevermind let's start." he shook his head. I ignored it and agreed.

We spent the first 30 minutes warming up, doing simple exercises to work out the body and muscles so we don't pull anything. Colby avoided most of the Exercises because of his cut, even though he said he was fine. I didn't buy it. Not one bit.

Now we're moving onto the actual training.

"I want you to punch me." He stated simply, planting his feet to the ground of the ring and lifting out his arm like a bird.

I stare at him, "What?"

"Punch me." He repeated, "c'mon give me everything you've got." He smiled. I didn't respond and just stood there, so he continued, "Oh I get it, your scared." He teased, grinning just to get on my nerves.

I scoff, "Am not. I just don't want to hurt you."

"But you do." He replied, "You know you do."

"And how do you know what I want?" I cross my arms in defense.

He grinned, "Your eyes."