12

~12~

~12~

            A full week has gone by; a full week of exploring the same house over and over again, seeing the same people, and avoiding others. If you can guess, I have been avoiding Colby. He is just someone I have not been in the mood to deal with at the moment. That, and I am already dealing with other people I have to get into wraps. But you can't blame me, he hasn't exactly made an effort to talk to me either, thank god. Just, at the moment, we're on neither's agenda.

So, I have been talking more and more with the girls. Getting to know them, their roles in everything (Which apparently is nothing), and their relationship statuses. I didn't ask about the last one, but, they made the effort to talk about it and who was I not to listen?

Sam had explained that Tara and Jake had a friend's with benefits thing going on, and Tara proved that theory correct to me when I asked her about it. She said, and I quote, "We're just having a bit of passionate fun." So that explains itself.

Devyn had told me in very deep detail about her past breakups, including the one with Corey which came as a surprise to me and had made it perfectly clear she is on a strict no serious relationship diet. Her words, not mine. She has a lot of random hookups and talks to many guys, sexting, flirting, and just things like that. I couldn't judge, I had no right to. If she wanted to do that, good for her. She knows what she wants and she's not afraid to go after that.

Sam and Katrina is a whole nother deal. Both have confirmed they are single, but, I catch them flirting with eachother and constantly giving the other person googly eyes. Now either they are both always high, which wouldn't surprise me because there always seems to be a small scent of weed in the house, or they secretively have a little thing going on. Both very likely answers. I won't ask, only because it's not my place, but I will definitely keep tabs on them. Not purposefully for the mission, but because I really want to know.

I guess I have gotten to know the group quite a bit, except Colby, but we're not dealing with him right now. I've even gotten to know Maurice a little better. Okay, I can't say get to know him, but, I have been hanging out with him a little (mostly because I get bored). He is a very sweet old man, very wise, and seems to have an opinion on everything. He loves telling me about different experiences he has had in this house and the messes he has cleaned up, always making me laugh because of how absolutely bonkers they are. I even found out he sees and knows mostly everything that goes on in this house. The most interesting part about that conversation being the mention of a control room that contains access to the gates, locks, and power of the house, along with the security camera footage. All quite interesting and valuable information which may come useful to me in the future.

Patience though, I need to have patience.

"Liviaaaa" I hear my name get called from downstairs, so, I set my journal to the side, stuffing it under my pillow.