44

~44~Colby*Warning: Extreme Violence, Don't read of squeamish!!!*

~44~
Colby
*Warning: Extreme Violence, Don't read of squeamish!!!*

            Red and blue lights weren't in the plan. Wailing sirens weren't in the plan. Police cars lined up in front of your mansion weren't anywhere in our plan. The plan we put together in the span of 3 months. The plan we stayed up late nights putting together so we could be free. When I would sneak through your window with my journal in hand and we'd lay in your bed with two pens. Mine pink, yours blue, because you said pink wasn't just for girls and blue wasn't just for boys.

I expected to crawl through your window again tonight. And I expected for us to crawl back out of it together. Then we'd drive off before the sun rose and escape out of this city, and keep driving until we made it to our destination. Though we didn't even know what that destination was.

But this? This wasn't in the plan...

"Hey hey hey... wha-what's happening?" I ask the tall, lanky, cop. I usually would never approach them, taught to always turn the other way just in case. But he was only one of the many cops who stood outside my girlfriends' house, patrolling it like there was something to be protested inside. Or, something to be hidden,

He turned and looked me up and down, inspecting my appearance. Black jeans, a sweatshirt, and a beanie. All black to add to my stealth.

"I'm not sure this is any of your concern, son." He had a fatherly tone, assertive in a way.

"It is, this is my girlfriends' house. I want to know what's happening." I look past the police cars barricading the gates, then noticed the ambulance parked through them. Back door open and stretcher gone. My heart beat faster, my body breaking into a sweat despite the cool winter's air.

Something was wrong.

"Your girlfriend? Are you talking about the Ana lee Miller?" The fact he knew her name and said it with caution is what truly put me
In a spiral of fear. Why would he know her name, why was he nervous saying it.

I gulped, "Yes, what happened? Now, I need to know now." Again, I tried to look past him but he moved in front of my vision, putting his hands on my shoulders to keep me still, to keep me from looking. I pushed him off and tried to look again, spotting a body bag being wheeled out of the large glass doors on the same missing stretcher, but not able to see anything else before the cop stepped in front of my vision again and this time wouldn't let me move.

"Son, I think you should sit down."

That same concerned tone.

It took force to break free, and this time I wasn't going to let him stop me again. I shoved him, his body shuffling back before I darted for the front gates. Hands grabbed me, and one heavy grasp pulled me close while I struggled against his strong grip. "Calm down, Calm down.-"