~56~

~56~

And so it's happened again... with eyes burning from smoke and tears, muscles falling weak as those boots covered in blood approached me, and a scratchy throat forcing out the smallest of begs, I accepted my fate as Mrs. Miller approached me... leaving the familiar dead body to burn in flames behind her.

~4 hours earlier~

Surprise surprise, Sam and Katrina finally told us they were together today. At 12 p.m this afternoon they got everyone in the bear room, the choice of scenery not to my liking, and announced to all of us that they have been together for awhile. Did it surprise us? Not one fucking bit. Were we happy
For them? Hell yeah. We congratulated them, made fun of them a bit, explained how we had always known, and then congratulated them again before we all decided we should go get drinks.

It's an hour till and I was getting ready with the girls who claimed we had to get ready for it together. I agreed without question.

"This?" I walk out of my closet and do a turn.

"That bra isn't it. I can see the straps, which is fine, but if you're gonna have that you want the bra to be jaw dropping." Tara said, tightening her boots that had straps crawling up to her knees.

"Ugh, I don't have a lot of good bra's!" I exclaim, storming back into my closet, where Devyn was choosing something from my drawers for herself.

"Why? Because Colby rips them all?" She teased, earning a giggle from Kat and Tara.

"That's exactly why." I mutter to only myself.

"You look hot. The question is, do I look hot."
It was Katrina's turn to do a spin for us.

"You always look hot." We all said at the same time.

"It was literally one of the first things I thought of you all. How hot you guys are." I laughed at the memory. Meeting them, being amazed by their beauty and sense of style. Look at us now. I've become one of them.

"Uh, I specifically remember me compliment you as soon as I met you." Devyn raised her perfectly done brow at me.

"Yeah, right after you asked how I got to fucking Colby." I fired back.

"Holy shit how things have changed. We're all going out for drinks right now... with our boyfriends." Katrina gasped, head leaning back to stare at the ceiling in thought.

"Uh, excuse you, I am going as my single hot bitch self." Devyn corrected, and just as Tara was going to open her mouth Devyn didn't let her, "Tara don't even start, you and Jake are practically boyfriend and girlfriend."

She didn't deny it.

I giggled.

"Kat's right though. Things have changed a shit load. All good though. I mean look at me, Jake took me on a date you know? We don't do that. But then we did, and it was amazing. We went to a nice dinner and then we went to a roller rink all dressed nice and it was so fun." She beamed at the memory, her smile widening and her eyes twinkling.