~51~

~51~

            Different flashing lights blinded me, every color swirling like an untouchable galaxy far up in the sky. It reflected off smoke. Smoke from what, well I can only guess cigarette smoke (the smell of it lingering in the air), and with that, the lights and lasers gave the room life. Like everybody in here was a victim to its dangerous beauty and magnetic feeling. I can't say I blame them. Clubs do that to people. Add in alcohol, drugs, music? You're gone for a few hours. You are somewhere else in the mess of fun and glittery things.

My green bralette, covered with the leather jacket gifted to me by Tara as an early birthday gift, made me feel powerful. The glitter on my cheek made me feel expensive. The power an amazing outfit has on you is astonishing. You'd never expect pieces of fabric to make you feel like the shit, but then you look at yourself in the mirror and a fire is ignited in you. A flame that burns through your soul and takes control of you and your actions. Maybe I was still feeling the effects of last night, the aftermath of my first time, or maybe I've just suddenly begun to really appreciate fashion, or maybe I've finally matured in that sense that I've needed to. Found the person I want to be, and who I want to be it with. I'm feeling my
after-sex glow you could say.

That familiar buzzed from my toes to my shoulders, the vibrations of the music against my feet making me feel a little strange. But that good strange that is enjoyable. Like drugs. I can't speak from experience since I don't exactly remember all that happened when I was on the drugs, but, this is what I imagine it is. That woozy, dizzy, fucking voltaic hum that sizzles through your body. It urged me to walk alongside Colby, my freshly manicured hand entertained with his. His rings rubbing against mine.

My most recent ring, which miss Devyn Lundy gifted me, is my new favorite. It was a sort of claw that went around my pointer finger, with a shiny pointy end and a diamond in the center of it. She would dare say the cost, but I guessed a lot. I'm not sure why I loved it so much. Maybe it's the sharpness of it, how it can cut through skin if dragged along it just right. Or it was the jewel, the priceless gem that just sat on my finger. The same any other ring could. But it was the small detail that made it untouchable.

Needless to say, Colby liked it too. When Devyn gave it to me Colby eyes it like a hawk, how it clinked a little when I moved and extended my finger in any way. I vividly remember him rubbing his lips together and staring at it intensely. He told me I'd be dead if I cut him with it by accident. I told him he'd probably enjoy it, and he didn't respond.

Which was a response in itself.

The way the club was designed was interesting. There were a few booths around the edges of it, with red leather seats and black marble tops. In the center of each table were tall Chrystal flower pots with a single rose in them. Next to that was an ashtray, all clean and fresh. Not that I smoked, but Colby did. Occasionally. Whenever he wanted to or wasn't feeling great physically. He's only ever done it around me maybe twice. One time after he was stabbed, and when he took a week to recover from his beating. I had to admit, seeing a cigarette placed so perfectly in between his teeth was a sight. How his lips held onto it so perfectly, and how he blew the smoke out to the side as to not get it in my face.