18

~18~

~18~

            Colby approaches us, and as he did I snatched my bag from the bus guy's limp hand and pulled my switchblade out in a quick motion. Another shot rang through the air and one of the guys fell from behind me. I couldn't stop the small scream from escaping my lips.

I got to my feet and pressed the small button on the blade in my hands, gripping it tightly in my hands if I needed to use it.

"Brock." The guy sighed, looking down at the man Colby had shot, "You've always got to kill my men."

"What can I say." Colby laughed sinisterly, "Your men just suck."

The last guy from behind me wrapped his arm around my neck and pulled me close to him, a gun placed to my head. I sucked in a breath.

Colby's gun raised once more but didn't fire as the man's hand went up to stop him.

"Now now Brock, you shoot, so does he." He motioned behind him towards us.

"I choose option C," I spoke up.

His body twisted around just as my hand went out and came in contact with the guy holding me's stomach. The blade penetrating his skin easily. A long groan left his lips and he stumbled back, his body colliding into a fence. My eyes trailed down to the blade, which was now coated in a liquid color of crimson.

I just stabbed someone..

"You little-" the last man standing was suddenly knocked to the ground by the handle of Colby's gun, sending him to the ground immediately.

Colby let out a sigh of annoyance, "I really wish I had more ammo to end him." He said, "oh well. Another scar to the head should do him some good." He tells me with a humorous grin, eyes looking at me.

I gulped and stared back down at the blade, wrapping my head around the fact that the blood on my hand belonged to the man I had just stabbed.

It's just self-defense.

I tell myself.

"He deserved it." Colby reassured me, stepping over the man laying down in front of him and stepping towards me, "And as for this guy." He looked down, "Well joe here was a prick in my ass who defiantly deserves what got to him."

"B-but he's not dead." I stutter.

"Yeah, and when he goes to his boss, still without the necklace and down 3 guys, he'll be in trouble. Sometimes, in this world, death is a man's best friend." He explained.