Week 20

OMG... THIS STORY HAS 1.1K READS! THANKS YOU GUYS. I HONESTLY DON'T KNOW HOW THIS HAPPENED BUT THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Midoriya POV

It's been 7 weeks since I miscarried one of my babies. I don't think I will ever be whole again. It feels like a small part of me has died and I will never fill that hole. I've started getting frustrated over small tasks and even find myself crying when things go wrong. I also get overwhelmed quickly, especially around loud noises. Kacchan brought me a pair of noise-cancelling headphones for when things get too noisy for me. Momo and Kacchan put me on desk work after the miscarriage. The doctors said that paralysis will start to set in soon. I've been getting pins and needles in my legs and have a bit of trouble getting up and down but I can still walk around.

Today, I'm sitting at my desk, bored. I have to fill out a stack of paperwork for an upcoming trial. They need me to help testify in court for some low-risk villains we caught 3 months ago. I read through each page, making sure all the information about the capture is correct. I rewrite some parts that aren't right but most of it is good. I sign the papers that I need to and lean back in my chair. My eyes are blurry from reading all day. I look around the office at everyone working. Some of the desks are empty. Kacchan, Kirishima and Todoroki went on a patrol today and they won't be back for another hour. I pull my phone out and text Uraraka asking if she wanted to take a break with me. She texts back saying yes and I try to pull myself out of my chair. I shift my body to the front as I put all my weight onto my legs. My legs give out from under me and I end up on the floor. I hit the floor with a crash and Momo comes running around the corner. She looks at me on the floor and tries to help me up. I try to get up but my legs feel numb. 'Momo, I can't feel my legs' I begin to cry. She looks at me in shock. We knew this was a possibility but neither of us was prepared. Uraraka comes around the corner to try and find me. She looks at me on the ground crying and Momo looking worried. 'DEKU, ARE YOU OKAY? IS THE BABY OKAY?' she yells while running over to me. 'Uraraka can you touch Izuku so we can get him back in the chair?' Momo questions. She touches my shoulder as I float up. They pull me back to my chair before Uraraka releases me. 'What happened?' Uraraka questions. 'I think the paralysis may have set in' I cry. 'Can you call Bakugou and tell him he needs to get back to the office as soon as possible' Momo questions before Uraraka flips out her phone. I can hear Kacchan screaming on the other side of the phone before Uraraka hangs up. 'He'll be here soon' she says. Momo walks over to the kitchen and brings me a drink and tries to help me relax. I try to relax as I wait for Kacchan to arrive. After a few minutes, I can hear small explosions and hurried footsteps. 'DEKU, WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED? ROUND CHEEKS CALLED ME SAYING TO COME BACK TO THE OFFICE ASAP!' I look a Kacchan with teary eyes. 'I can't feel my legs' I sob. Kacchan goes pale before picking me up. He rushes down the hallway with Momo in tow. Kacchan throws me into a car before getting in the back seat beside me. Momo jumps in the front and we race to the hospital. We get out of the car and Momo runs to get a wheelchair so Kacchan doesn't have to carry me. We race into the hospital and Kacchan talks to the front desk ladies and soon some nurses come and wheel me into a room. They help me onto the bed and start running some tests. They check that the baby is okay too. They finally release us after confirming that paralysis has started to set in. The doctors explain what will happen over the next few days and that I will need around the clock suvaillence and support. I can feel my eyes tearing up.

I won't be able to do anything for myself. I'll be completely dependent on Kacchan. He'll probably want to leave me. Who wants to deal with a broken pregnant partner.

I sob quietly as Kacchan wraps me into a hug and reassures me that everything will be okay. Momo takes us home and helps Kacchan set up a few things for me. I wheel myself to the kitchen and try to grab some noodles off the shelf. After a few minutes of struggling I finally knock it off with a can of fruit. I wheel myself to the counter and attempt to cut up some vegetables to go in my ramen. I can barely see over the counter and accidently cut hand with the knife. I throw the knife onto the counter knocking some carrots onto the floor. I am so angry and I can feel my eyes watering. I sit in the middle of the kitchen, crying, holding onto my bleeding hand. I guess Kacchan and Momo heard the commotion and came to check on me. Kacchan rushes over to me, he grabs the first aid kit and begin disinfecting the cut. Momo cleans up the mess I've made. 'I'm so sorry, Kacchan' I whisper. He looks up at me in confusion. 'What are you sorry for?' he asks. 'I can't do anything for myself. I can't even cook for myself without becoming a burden. I am completely reliant on you and everyone else' I cry. 'Izuku... It's okay. we knew this could happen and we will support you no matter what. You remember our vowels. In sickness and in health. Now let me care for you'. My eyes meet his crimson red eyes as he bandages my hand. He helps me cut the carrots and cook the noodles and dishes it up into bowl. We eat in silence and get back in the car. We need to go pick up Emiko and Takeo. We head to Mitsuki's house and Kacchan helps me into my wheelchair. We head to the door and I grab Kacchan's hand in fear.

What will Mitsuki and Marasu say? What will the kids think? I'm suppose to be unbreakable... I'm suppose to be there hero...

Mitsuki opens the door and looks a little surprised. She ushers us inside and the kids run towards us. They stop and look at me and look at Kacchan. 'Why is mama in that funny chair?' Takeo questions. Kacchan scoops them up in his arms and places them on the couch. 'You remember how we explained to you that mama's legs may stop working for a while?' Kacchan explains. They both nod. 'Well... Mama's legs stopped working while we were at work so they gave up a cool chair so he can move around' Kacchan finishes explaining. Emiko gets off the couch and hugs my leg. Takeo doesn't move but just starts crying. I roll myself over to him and pick him up. I place him onto my lap and hug him close. I reassure him that I will be okay. He stops crying and Emiko drags him away to play. I wheel myself beside the couch that Kacchan is sitting. He grabs my hand as Mitsuki starts talking. 'So... Izuku... is in a wheelchair now?' Kacchan sighs before responding. 'The baby is pushing against the nerve that controls his lower body' 'Is it permanent?' She whispers. 'We don't know. I could get the feeling back after I have this baby or I could be stuck paralysed for the rest of my life' I say resting my hand on my baby bump. We chat more to Mitsuki and Marasu before we grab the kids to leave. Emiko wants to have a go on my wheelchair so I sit her on my lap as I make my way to the car. We get home and put the kids to bed. We head downstairs to clean the dishes from dinner. I look up to Kacchan as a light blush dusts my cheeks. He must of noticed because he turns towards me. 'What's wrong?' he asks. 'I... need to go to the bathroom...' I whisper. Kacchan laughs before wheeling me to the bathroom. He helps me up sit me on the seat. Him and Momo installed a bar on the wall to help me. He leaves the bathroom and I call him back in to help me into my wheelchair. We make our way up and Kacchan helps me get changed. He helps me into bed and spoons me until I fall asleep.

I've been crying all day making this chapter from chapter 296 of the mha manga. I've been so sad all day.