Week 6

Midoriya POV

We are heading back to the doctor's today to get an ultrasound. Kirishima has the kids today. They are having a play date with Kirishima and Mina's little girl, Sakura. We walk into the doctor's office and I sit on the bed. 'Hello' she says chirpily. Kacchan grunts in response. He doesn't like the early morning appointments, especially on our days off but this was the soonest they could see us. She questions me and squirts the gel across my stomach and takes a look. 'They seem to be healthy at the moment'. She lets us hear the heartbeat and if there was any doubt in my mind if I wanted this child it was gone. 'Have you decided what you are going to do?' She says. I nod and quietly speak. 'I want to keep this baby'. Kacchan looks up at me. He is smiling slightly but I can see the worry in his eyes. 'You understand the risks of carrying this child' she says as I look at her.

'Because of where the rupture was when you gave birth to the twins there is a high chance that you will miscarry this baby. There is also a chance that you could become temporarily paralysed further into your pregnancy and a low chance that you could be permanently paralysed after you give birth. The rupture is right next to the nerve that controls the lower half of your body. There is also a high chance that if you do make it to full term, you and the baby could die during natural labour. There is also a chance of bleeding out during a C section and quite a few more complications' she explains. I can feel my breathing quicken and my throat feels like it's closing. I feel dizzy. I look over to Kacchan who is already making his way to my side. 'It's okay. You're safe right now. We will deal with these if and when they come'. He draws small circles on my hand in time with my breathing to calm me down. Once I calm down the doctor continues talking. 'If you choose to keep this baby you will need to have weekly checks done to make sure both you and the baby are healthy. We may also end up admitting you to the hospital during the end of the pregnancy so we can keep an eye on you' she says. I nod. My mind feels foggy. I know the risks of carrying this baby and I'm putting myself in danger to do it. Kacchan helps me off the bed and we make our way out to the car. He starts driving while my mind replays what just happened.

Miscarriage, temporary paralysis, permanent paralysis, bleeding, death...

Kacchan parks and I look around. This isn't our house... 'I thought we could go get some ice cream after all of that' He says. I smile and get out of the car. We make our way to the counter. 'What can I get for you today?' they say. 'I'll have a Wildberry and he will have a strawberry and cream' Kacchan says and I smile. I love that Kacchan knows what I want. He hands us our ice cream and we head back to the car. I lick away at my ice cream as Kacchan takes a big bite. I flinch. 'What?' He says confused. 'How can you bite your ice cream does that not hurt your teeth?' I question he chuckles before taking another big bite. I squirm. We finish our ice creams and head to Kiri and Mina's house.

We open the door as Emiko and Takeo come flying at us. They latch onto our legs as we try to get into the house. They run back over to where they were playing. Kirishima and Mina come to greet us. 'So how did the appointment go?' Mina asks as my smile fades. Kacchan gestures for them to sit and they do. 'They've told us that there is a high chance that Deku will miscarry and if he does make it it's possible for both him and baby to die during labour. There is also a high chance of another rupture, temporary or permanent paralysis and a few other risks' Kacchan says as I stare at the floor, tears falling down my face. Mina and Kirishima only found out I was pregnant because they found me vomiting in the bathroom after a patrol. Mina grabs my hand and reassures me that they will be there if I need them. I nod as Emiko comes running at me. 'Why is mama crying?' she questions as she tries to pull herself into my lap. I pick her up and place her on my lap, playing with her hair. 'Mama wasn't feeling very well' Kacchan replies. She stands up and kisses my forehead before running off again. Mina walks over to the kitchen before bringing back a plate of sweets. 'Kids, come grab a biscuit' she yells. All the kids come running and grab a sweet before running back to where they were playing. Mina offers a cookie to me and I take it. It's a triple chocolate biscuit and the smell makes my stomach turn. 'NOPE!' I yell slamming the biscuit on the table and running to the bathroom. Kacchan and Mina come looking for me as I'm leaned over the toilet dry heaving. 'Aww, I really like sweets too...' I whine. Kacchan laughs as he leans down beside me and rubs my back while I'm violently sick in the toilet. I feel bad for Mina. She's standing there watching me be sick, not able to do anything. She walks off and comes back with a glass of water. I take the water and wash my mouth out. I flush the toilet and walk back to the table. Kirishima is already wrapping the biscuits up and taking them off the table. 'I'm guessing biscuits are a no-go when you visit' he laughs. I laugh back holding my stomach. We all sit back down and chat until it's time for Sakura's nap. We grab the twins and say goodbye as we walk back to the car. We strap the kids in and head home. I start cooking dinner as Kacchan takes Emiko and Takeo to have a bath. I boil the water and place the noodles in the pot. I cover it and start prepping the vegetables. I cut up the pak choy and carrot and fry them. I work on the sauce for Takeo and Kacchan's dinner. I chop the chillies and mix the sauce. I work on the broth for mine and Emiko's. Kacchan comes back down stairs with Emiko and Takeo in each of his arms. I reach out to grab Emiko and Kacchan puts down Takeo. I sit on the couch and start drying their hair as Kacchan sets the table. I plait Emiko's hair and put Takeo's in a ponytail. They sit down as I dish dinner up and put it in the table. The twins eat up quickly before going to watch a movie before bed. I sit quietly with Kacchan. I eat my Katsudon as I think about our future. I finish up and head to the kitchen to rinse our plates. Kacchan puts the twins to bed and sneaks up behind me. His hands snake around my stomach and he nuzzles his nose into my neck. We stand there swaying for a few minutes before Kacchan lifts me up bridal style and carries me to bed.