Week 9

The doctors said that we could possibly be discharged soon. We've been at the hospital for Deku for the past 5 days. The IV line has manage to hydrate him a little. He's still pretty dehydrated but they can't stop his vomiting. They've tried so many medications to help him eat but none of them are working. Right now he's nibbling on a piece of toast that the nurses gave him to see if the new medication worked. It's been 10 days since Deku has eaten a full meal and everyone is getting worried. He's lost so much weight. His little baby bump sticks out a little. I hear Deku hiccup before putting his toast back down on his plate. He's taken 4 bites of it. 'Have you had enough' I question and Deku nods. 'Are you going to be sick?' I question and Deku nods again. I quickly hand him a bowl as he's sick again. It only takes a few minutes before Deku has nothing to vomit back up. He throws the bowl away before snuggling back into the bed. I can hear his soft snores as a nurse comes in. 'Did the medication work?' She questions hopefully. I shake my head. 'He couldn't even hold it down for 5 minutes' I say sadly. 'Well, we've tried 11 different medications to get him to eat. If he doesn't get nutrition soon, he'll miscarry. We will have to put an NG tube in if he can't eat normally' the nurse explained. I nod. The doctors explained a few days ago that this could be an option if the medications didn't work. The nurse leaves to get the necessary equipment to put a feeding tube in. I shake Deku a little to wake him up. 'Babe, the medication isn't working so they are going to put an feeding tube in your nose to help you eat' I explain as Deku looks on wide eyed. He cautiously nods before the nurse renters with some equipment. 'Are you okay with us putting feeding tube in?' She questions and Deku nods. They position his head and put some slimy stuff on the tube to help it go in. The gently push it in and Deku flinches. They get him to swallow and the nurse checks the tube has reached his stomach before taping in to his face. She leaves before a dietitian comes in. She mixes some type of formula together and gets me to come over. She shows me how to mix the formula together and how to administer it. We sit quietly as we administer the formula to Deku. He seems squeamish but okay. After a while we remove the syringe from his feeding tube and flush it with some water. The dietitian leaves and we relax on the bed cuddling into each other. We lie there for a while before Deku speaks up. 'Kacchan, my tummy hurts' He whines. I grab another bowl and hold it up to him but he pushes it away. His face pales as he jumps out of bed and sprints to the bathroom. I follow after him only to get a door slammed in my face. 'Are you okay Deku?' I question and I can hear small whimpers. A nurse comes over to see what is happening and I explain. 'Was this his first feeding?' She questions and I nod. She smiles kindly before turning towards the door. 'Midoriya, do you need another change of clothes?' She questions. 'Y-yes please' Deku says. 'It's okay. Just wait in the room and he will be back soon' she says. I start heading back to the room, questioning what was happening. After a while Deku renters the room in a new hospital gown. 'Are you okay, what happened?' I question as Deku hangs his head in shame. 'I- umm- I had a bit of an accident. Apparently it's common when you haven't eaten in a while' Deku whispers. His face is bright red. 'At least it's coming out the other end now' I laugh. Deku tries to hide under the blanket in shame as I pull them away and kiss his cheek. We snuggle up together and get some much needed rest.

We are awoken by a nurse taking Deku stats. 'Hello, how did your first feeding go?' She questions. 'He hasn't vomited yet and it's been 6 hours so that's good news' I reply. She nods in agreement. 'That is good. Do you think you could handle a little bit more formula?' She questions. 'Y-yes' Deku answers. Me and the nurse quickly make some more formula and help give it to Deku. We flush the tube out again once we are done. 'How are you feeling now?' The nurse questions. 'A little bit nauseous and my stomach hurts' Deku replies. 'That's normal. You're bound to feel nauseous when we give you food and the pain is because you haven't been eating. Your body need to get use to it again' She explains. 'You can try lie on your left side and we can get you a heating pack to help the pain' she says. 'It's okay. I've got my portable heating pack right here' Deku says while grabbing my arm. The nurse smiles and leaves. Deku rolls over onto his left side and I cuddle in beside him. I place my hand over his stomach and heat it up slightly. Deku sighs in bliss. 'You know, the doctors said if you keep the formula down again this time we can go home' I say and Deku's eyes light up. 'Also the extra's want to know if they can come visit you for a while when we get discharged. I told them maybe but that they couldn't stay for too long because we are both tired' I explain and Deku nods. 'That's fine. I know they are worried about me, especially Momo and Uraraka' Deku says. We drift back to sleep as we cuddle into each other.

I can feel someone tapping my shoulder. I open my eyes to see a nurse standing over me. I can feel Deku still asleep in my arms. 'Hi Katsuki, how did Midoriya's second feeding go?' She questions. I look at the clock. 'It's been 5 hours and he still hasn't vomited. It's amazing' I sigh. 'Well, that's great news. It means I can write up the discharge papers and you two can go home. I just have some quick questions and information for you. First, did the dietitian show you how much formula to make and when he needs it?' She questions. I nod. 'Do you feel confident that you can look after him while he has his feeding tube in?' She questions again and I nod. 'Okay, great. If he starts vomiting or gagging bring him back to the hospital. If he complains of discomfort especially if it's during a feeding stop immediately and bring him back. If his tube is sliding out or you can see it in his mouth, gently pull it out and we will reinsert it' She says and I nod. She leaves to sign the discharge papers as I nug my sleeping Deku. 'Hey babe, the nurses said we can leave so can you get up and changed' I question. Deku rubs the sleep from his eyes and slowly gets up. He sways a little before grabbing his clothes and going to get changed.

Once he is changed and we are handed the discharge papers, we leave. The drive home was quiet, actually, the last few days have been quiet. Deku barely spoke after the first day at the hospital. He was always worried he would be sick if he tried to speak so we started using nonverbal cues to communicate. When we make it home I help him inside and place him on the couch. We cuddle up together and watch a movie as the doorbell rings. I open the door and everyone comes bouncing in. Deku quickly looks over to smile at everyone as they pile around the couch. We sit quietly and watch some movies. It doesn't take long before Deku is asleep in my arms and I'm trying not to nod off. Uraraka notices how tired we are and quietly packs up and gets everyone to leave. I carry Deku up to our room and put him in bed before getting in beside him.

Hey Guys!

I started a Patreon so I can keep writing these stories and update them more regularly. If you become a patreon you will get sneak peeks of upcoming stories and exclusive voting power on what happens in my stories. You can also get commissions on stories with your favourite ships. 

Also, I got my new computer so I'll be updating more regularly. Yay! and don't forget to check out some of my other less popular stories. I just finished re-writing Forgotten Love.

Thanks for your support