Week 34 ~ Part 2

Bakugou POV

I thought I heard Deku whisper my name. 'If this is another stupid prank, I'm going to be annoyed' I say as I turn around. My eyes meet Deku's, they're full of fear. He's huddled over, one hand propping him up and the other holding his belly. He's panting and his pants are wet. I quickly rush up to help him. Mina and Sero quickly run over too. I help hold him up ' I think the babies are coming' he whispers. 'You've still got another 2 weeks. Shit... Get in the car. We are going to the hospital now' my voice is full of panic. 'No...' he whispers. 'THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN NO, YOU'RE IN FUCKING LABOUR' I yell. 'The hospital is an hour and a half away... there's a high chance... I'd give birth in the car...' He says in between contractions. 'SO WHAT, YOU WANT TO GIVE BIRTH IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE' I yell back. 'Sero and Mina... are both trained... in labour and delivery... They can help...' He says. I look around. Mina is helping Deku lay down while Sero is rummaging through the boot of his car. 'It's the pink bag, Sero!' Mina yells. Sero comes back holding a big pink bag. He unzips it to reveal a delivery kit. Mina clips a portable heart monitor to Deku's arm while Sero and Uraraka help sanitizes equipment. Mina lays Deku down on a blanket and spreads his legs so she can check him. 'Okay Midoriya, your not ready yet so we are going to move you into your tent to give you some more privacy' Mina says. 'THE HELL DO YOU MEAN IM NOT FUCKING READY' Deku yells. Everyone is slightly taken aback. I've only heard Deku swear 3 times, twice when he was drunk. I bring my shoulder under his arm to help carry him to our tent. We lay him out on some blankets to make him comfortable. I hate seeing him in so much pain. Kaminari is on the phone with the ambulance so they can help us. I spend the next half an hour cuddled up on the floor helping him breathe through his contractions. His little face scrunches up every time a contraction hits and he's screamed a few times now. 

'Kacchan, I can't take this. I can't lie her another second' he says. 'What do you want to do then' He tries to get up so I help him and we exit the tent. 'How's it going Midoriya?' Pikachu questions. 'I'M IN FUCKING LABOUR. I WANT IT TO BE OVER' he yells back. We walk in circles around the tent stopping a few time for Deku to be sick. Mina comes over and we make our way back into the tent. She spread Deku's legs and Sero walks in too. 'He's still not far enough. We'll give it another half an hour otherwise we may have to perform an emergency C section' Sero states. 'Sorry Izuku, we don't have any pain medicine so your just going to have to deal with the pain' Mina says apologetically. Right as she says that one of the babies kicks Deku and he taps on my shoulder. I pass him a bag that I already had in my hand and he empties his stomach again. I feel bad for him. Not only is he in extreme amounts of pain but the babies are forcing him to be sick again. He collapses onto the blankets grateful for a second of no pain but that second is short-lived as he is hit with another contraction. We get up and continue walking around the tent till Deku's legs give out. We lay him down back in the tent. 'Can you call Mina and Sero... It fucking hurts' Deku says. I call Mina and Sero back over to the tent and they check Deku again. 'Okay Deku, your opening is big enough now. When you feel a contraction you need to push for 10 seconds then rest, okay?' Mina says. He nods weakly before giving a big push. He screams and grips my hand. It hurts but I won't complain. Momo comes in with some towels and some blankets for the babies. Deku continues to push but it feels like we are getting nowhere. 'I can't do this Katsuki, I can't...' Deku cries. I look at him with tears in my eyes. 'You can do this Izuku, you are doing amazing...' I cry back. He gives another big push. 'I can see the head' Sero yells. 'One more big push then the baby will be out' Mina says. He gives one more big push and Sero wraps him up and unclogs his airway with the aspirator. He puts the little baby boy on Deku's chest as the baby's small cries fill the tent. 'Are you ready for baby 2' Mina smiles as Deku screams. He begins pushing again until we can see the head. I feel lightheaded but try to avoid passing out for Izuku's sake. He gives one last push as the little girl comes out. Sero aspirates her and gives her to me. I grab Izuku's hand and squeeze it tightly while looking at our 2 precious bundles. Mina and Sero continue to clean up down there while I stare in awe at our new babies. Izuku gives me a weak smile before closing his eyes.

 The heart monitor starts going off and his hand goes limp. 'Shit, MOMO!, Get the babies and Bakugou out of here now! We're losing him' Mina yells. Momo helps push me out of the tent and puts the babies in a portable cot. I immediately break down. My knees collapse from under me as I cry. 'I can't lose him, I need him, I can't raise 2 babies on my own' I sob. Shitty hair tries to comfort me but all I can think about is losing him. I can hear sirens but don't look up. Soon a paramedic is ushering me into an ambulance where they are loading Izuku and the babies. Izuku's face is drained of colour and he's lying on the bed limply. My eyes fill with tears again as the paramedics beat on his chest trying to bring him back. I look around but it feels like the world is going in slow motion. One paramedic is giving his CRP, a second one is trying to stop the bleeding down there. My eyes flick to the two small babies towards the front of the ambulance. One is crying so I go over and pick her up. I look down at her and smile weakly. I see movement out of the corner of my eye and they snap up to the other baby. I see Izuku standing over the bed smiling at the little baby boy before walking over to me. He sits beside me, placing his head on my shoulder before disappearing. I open my eyes, sobbing like there was no tomorrow as I see a small pulse on the heart monitor. We are not too far from the hospital now. They get Izuku stable enough to transfer him inside. I grab both babies before running after. They rush him into an operating room as I am left standing in front of the doors. A nurse comes over and takes the babies from me to check them and I am left alone with only my thoughts to accompany me. I cry outside the operating room and drag myself to a chair. It feels like years before someone finally comes out. 'Mr Bakugou?' the doctor questions and I jump up. 'He lost a lot of blood and we lost him a few time but the operation was a success. He should recover well'. 

Thank goodness...

I spend almost every minute next to Deku's bed, refusing to sleep or eat. Our friends come and go but Izuku is still unconscious. My eyes feel heavy as I hear the heart monitor speed up. My eyes flutter open to see Deku's green eyes full of panic. I hit the emergency button and nurses flood the room helping to remove the breathing tube from his throat. 'The babies, are they okay?' his voice is raspy and quiet. 'They are perfect, a nice, healthy boy and girl' a nurse replies pointing to two incubators on the other side of the room. I walk over and pick up the small girl and bring her over to Deku. I pick up the small boy and sit beside the bed. Deku looks at the small babies and smiles. Tears stream down his face. 'Have you decided on names for them' the nurse questions. Deku looks down at the little girl 'Emiko...' he says. 'and this little one is Takeo' I say. Izuku smiles at me before yawning. He gives the baby back to the nurse and she puts both babies in their beds. I get on the bed with Izuku, he shifts over slightly wincing at the pain and cuddles into me. He falls asleep and I follow soon after.