Flyday Chinatown

After going to Bondi beach and partaking in such disastrous events, the class decided to return back to the hotel. I took off my dampened clothes and showered the sand and trauma off my body. My head still hurt a little from the water pressure, and my lungs ached when I inhaled deeply, but other than the distressing experience, I was fine. I risk my life each day in Paris, this wasn't so different. In ways. 

"Mari, you nearly finished up in there? We're headed to Alex's room soon," I heard Alya call from outside the bathroom. All us girls, minus Chloé and Sabrina, thought we would gather and decide what to do for the rest of the night, as the teachers gave us free time. There were still strict rules that needed to be followed, and precautions to take when leaving the hotel. But if we made it back before 10:00pm, it would be satisfactory. 

I combed my hair and threw on a denim black skirt, tucking in a soft, cotton white shirt engulfed with pastel pink floral patterns into the sides. In case it got cooler at night, or we decided to stay outside for a while, I crawled into a dark sweater that felt light on my skin, and pulled the white collar out from underneath. To complete the look, I wore knee-high socks, a black stripe on the rim of the material. 

"C'mon Marinette, they're gonna pick what to do without us! Get your butt out here," Alya said a few minutes later. I could hear her shoving things into a small travel backpack, probably having similar mindset that I did. "Hm, let's just add a hoodie in case. Some snacks for emergency-" I heard her go on. I open the door of the bathroom, ready to see our friends. 

"Alright. I'm done, let's get going," I told her, opening the door in the process. She simply looked me up and down.

"Wow, look at you. Ya know, you're going to have to teach me how to dress one of these days. You look so stylish!" Alya said clasping her hands together, then ducking down and giving my covered knees a little poke. I simply rolled my eyes playfully as we headed out a few rooms down the hall. 

The room was full of chatter, chocolate wrappers already sprawled across the floor here and there. The conversations weren't at all productive, and we still hadn't decided where to go for the night. Currently, the only topic I could here going around was the formal ball tomorrow. An event being hosted by some fancy rich school, a chance for both French and Australian students to interact. The event had been planned long ago, but now was the time everyone was expressing their excitement for this long-awaited event. 

"Ah, I can't wait for it! I even went and bought a big fancy dress. Juleka says I look like a princess," Rose said hugging the girl with purple streaked hair. 

"I'm sure you would look gorgeous in anything, Rose," Lila said before continuing. "I'm so worried that the dress I brought makes me look all bloated," she pouted bringing her hands to her cheeks. 

Hah, how desperate is she? Fishing for compliments like that, I grimaced to myself. I changed the topic, no wanting anyone to give her the support she desired. 

"Anyway, let's forget about the ball tomorrow night and focus on what we're here for. We still have this evening to ourselves so, what should be do?" I question, looking around for any suggestion. Suddenly, I'm bombarded by numerous voices and ideas. 

"A spa!"

"Definitely shopping." 

"Let's visit tourist destinations."

"How about a ferry ride?"

"Let's go quick and watch the sun set!"

"Try some new food, obviously."

"Surfing, Karaoke!"

"Visit the Royal Botanic Gardens, or see street art!"

"Go to a gig."