Aftermath

I smacked my head hard against the table. It had been a few days since the incident at school, some students clearly still traumatised and in need of recovery. Granted, the Principal did give us a two day break, but before we knew it we were back where it all started. 

I was nodding off to sleep trying to distract myself from the pain in my chest. After defeating the villain and resolving everything with my powers, there was still some slight, unexplainable pain in places I had been hurt. After observing Adrien quietly for the majority of the day, I realised he was still a little injured also. Just as I was finally falling asleep, certain voices raised overtop of the teacher's monotonic lecturing. 

A wincing Adrien let out a small murmur as his textbooks flew to the floor. The sudden noise snapped me out of my haze and I began to take in and evaluate the situation. 

"Goodness, Adrien. Are you alright?" A sly voice echoed from the back in the now quiet classroom. Once again, I felt so drawn to smash my head against the desk. Perhaps hitting it hard enough would allow me to pass out, and avoid this upcoming scene completely. 

"I'm okay, Lila," Adrien said turning to the back of the room. He then looked back to the teacher apologetically. "Sorry, please continue," he started moving to pick up his book. Lila however, was already a step ahead of him.

"Don't be silly, I'll get that for you," she said appearing from no where, crouching beside his desk to pick up the book. The boy with blonde hair stared at her for a moment before thanking her rather questionably. "Your arm hurts, right? I couldn't help but notice. Must be pushing yourself  in your fencing lessons," she smiled, tilting her head. Then, she reached out for his arm. Adrien pulled back defensively and grasped it with his other hand. He didn't say much. Just simply nodded and waited for her to excuse herself. What was she doing staring at his arm all day? I menaced. 

"I'm sure Mr. Agreste could have picked it up himself, Miss Rossi. Now back to your seat," the teacher said unamused while she rubbed the board clean. 

"My apologies ma'am. See, my birthday is just a few days away and, well, I've been so excited to see my tattoo. The situation had just really inspired me to do more good in the world," Lila said clasping her hands together over her chest, glancing between Adrien and the teacher. 

"Yes, yes. I'm sure it has, Lila. Now, please sit. I'm teaching," the teacher dismissed rather bluntly causing me to smile. 

But wait, I thought her birthday was during the summer, I questioned to myself as I shot fiery glares at her while she walked by. The sinister smirk that was plastered on her face as she retreated from Adrien's desk made my stomach drop. I glanced at all my other classmates, none of them seeming to take notice to her announcement. I must be over thinking things then. I'm sleepy after all, I considered rubbing my head. I folded my arms atop my stacked books and rested my head on them, awaiting the inevitability of tonight's night patrol. 

As I dangled my feet over the edge of the building, I counted the humming vehicles as they drove by to pass the time. He's late again, I pondered with a roll of my eyes. Though, things have been quite different between us lately. Something new and unknown. I bring myself to my feet and pace up and down the roof of the building in thought. Lost in my spiralling thoughts, I wasn't able to take notice of a certain black cat approaching me until he creeped up from behind and gave me a minor heart attack. 

Leaning in close, he softly whispered, "Miss me, Bugaboo?"

I jumped a little, but hopefully not enough for him to notice. I shake it off and turn to him. "And the nicknames are back again, are they?"