Inkpocalypse

My straightforward plan had already failed. After Adrien left me in the classroom, I was going to wait a few minutes before joining him as ladybug, to look less suspicious. Yet here I was, completely side-tracked, defending the rest of the school from the never ending swarm of strange, inky creatures. Truly, they were frightful and ghastly things. Their form looked almost human, but mangled and distraught. The creatures were comprised of ink or some other dark, oozing matter, and possibly fear itself.

They just don't stop coming! I cursed to myself as I turned the corner, suddenly letting out a shocked gasp as another creature lingered there waiting for me. I propelled my yo-yo forward and sliced the dreadful thing in half, its gurgling scream fading as it dissolved in two separate puddles. After watching it deform, I stood there for a moment to let my heartrate return to its normal pace. This is horrifying. I rubbed my arms, trying to get rid of the goosebumps before preparing myself for the inevitable turn of the next corner. I've dealt with tons of Akumatised victims before. But this- this is straight out of a scary movie, I pondered. 

Taking a deep breath, I steadily place my finger-tips on the corner of the wall before slowly peeping over. With my heart beating hard in my chest, I confirmed that surely enough, there were more of them. Hunched over and twitching slightly, their bodies continued to drip away, adding to the collection of ink puddles on the floor. The entire hallway I looked down was dark, but the slight flicker of the lights illuminated their still but swaying bodies. 

Nope. I slowly backed up, pretending I never saw a thing. No way am I going near them. I'm not asking for a death wish, nor the fright of my life. I take a few more steps back, trying my best to be as silent as a mouse in the now eerie quiet building. Continuing to face the direction of the ink-filled hallway, I step backwards again, wanting nothing more than to close my eyes and remove myself from this situation. But, before feeling that sweet relief came another wave of instant fear. I stepped into something. Something sticky. Something uncomprehensive. I couldn't turn around to see because I was already shocked at the sudden contact with the cold, wet and moving substance. I begin to turn, my body so stiff it sounded as though it was creaking. 

Oh, thank god! It's a puddle. Just a gross, ink puddle. I let out a loud, relieved sigh and turned back to face the direction of the occupied hallway. But they had moved. The creatures, all of them, now stood no more than a meter in front of me, slowly trudging closer and closer. I let out a shocked cry and stumbled back further, almost falling over in disbelief. They were around the corner where I saw them! I was facing their direction for the whole time. They moved when I looked at the puddle? It can't be... that was only a second ago. Not feeling up to defeating more than a dozen crawling creatures at once, I fled the area in search for my trusted partner.

Where is the akuma? I've destroyed countless of these...things, and yet I can't find the akuma. I continued running down the hallway, self-conscious and weary of my loud thumping steps. Taking turns left and right aimlessly, I realized I was not sure where I was going. Apart from the dripping, gurgling noises, something else in the near area became more audible. Finally, it became clear to me Chat was near. I could hear the sound of his baton clinking loudly against other metal structures and an overwhelming sound of thick, moving ink. I pushed my legs harder off the floor, and zoomed forward, checking room to room for my partner. Running out of ideas, I let out a call, no longer caring about attracting the other creatures towards me. 

"Ladybug!" I heard briefly, as though the voice was being consumed and swallowed whole. It echoed down the hallway, bouncing off the walls. "Over here-" It came again. I steadied myself, and began to press on again towards the sound.

"Chat, I'm coming!" I called out, my voice being met with the silence. I felt my face drain and hopelessness take over once more. "C-Chat?" I wavered with a pause again, looking around. "Where are you?" But nothing. I made my movements lighter and controlled my breath, incase he were to make another quiet, inaudible call. And another call I was granted. But it was far more distressing and hushed than before.

I burst through the room, certain it was the source of the sound, and surely it was. Ink monsters overwhelmed the place, some dissolving into puddles in defeat while others made there way to the center of the room. The very center where Chat Noir stood.

My eyes widened and the words failed to form in my mouth. A large amount of lively ink had surrounded the paralyzed boy, covering his mouth and wrapping its way around the rest of his body. As one creature held the boy in place, another ink creature was fast approaching before him, morphing its deformed hand into a sharply shaped spear, ready to strike it into Chat's chest.

And suddenly, my feet moved before I could think. My mind was empty, completely blank but my body was screaming at me to go further. I flung my yo-yo forward trying to free Adrien from suffocation, before desperately leaping directly in front of him. The sound was dreadful, but the pain and sheer impact of the spear passing through my body was far worse. With my vision beginning to blur, I could hear what I think was the boy calling out my name. There were strangled sobs as I was being shook backwards and forwards, but I didn't respond. Nor did I have the energy to respond. I was glad. Relieved. Happy even. He was safe. Adrien was okay. As long as he is okay... that's all that matters. I felt my heavy eyes close shut, and the overwhelmingly painful feeling below my chest fade as I drifted into an altered state of consciousness. 

A/N: Vote for more