Keep it hidden

I could still feel myself shaking as I faced the wall, my heart pounding in my chest. I snapped myself out of it and stopped the countless thoughts racing through my mind.

"Uh, C-Chat Noir. Don't transform back just yet, I just need to check your back injuries. You fell asleep so soon earlier tonight so there wasn't a chance to check," I said eyes fixated to the wall still, my mouth dry and my head spinning.

"Ah, right. I'll just put... the pillow back on my face then," he responded from over my shoulder.

A small rustling sound could be heard behind me before Adrien- I mean, Chat called me over. I didn't think it would be any good confronting him about this. What good would it do just telling him I saw his true identity? It'll just put our lives in danger, risk our roles as heroes! I didn't want to freak him out either. What would he think? How would he treat me as Marinette, the only one knowing his identity? I broke his trust. I shouldn't have turned around. I'll have to keep this to myself.

I get up off my bed and walk over to where Adrien sat, now shirtless with a pillow covering his face. Considering the situation, it was actually quite funny. In silence I start examining his back, brushing my fingers over the bruises and scratches, cleaning up the rest of the blood.

"Nice Pyjamas by the way," I said mockingly observing the shirt that now lay across his arm, the tattoo hiding beneath it. It was one thing for Chat to own ladybug sleep-wear, but now it's finally sinking in that he's Adrien Agreste too.

"What can I say, I'm a bit of a fan," he mumbled through the pillow calmly, a hint of embarrassment in the tone of his voice. So it seems, I inwardly grin to myself.

"Hm, ya know, I'm not sure if it's the tiredness getting to me, or if you really are acting less smug then your usual self, Chat." And that was the truth. He seems more relaxed, certainty more humble. A little more Adrien over the witty Chat Noir I've grown to know so very well. It's strange to think that the boy I once loved is sitting right in-front of me, the emerald eyed boy with the blonde hair and heart-warming smile. Not only is he Adrien Agreste, he's my partner, Chat Noir. The one person I trust over anyone else in the world. Another mumble came from the boy, his voice muffled from the pillow in his face.

"I suppose you're just someone I feel comfortable around, Marinette. How can I not be, you've helped me, let me rest here- despite the fact we have only met a few times," he said quietly into the pillow. He felt comfortable around me? He really trusts me as Marinette enough to be his authentic self? I continue assisting his back but the irony of the situation makes me erupt with quiet giggles, accidentally adding more pressure onto Chat's back.

"ouch-okay that's enough princess," he winced and breathed in sharply, transforming suddenly so that I could not longer fix his wounds. The room glowed green as I covered my eyes to shield myself from the bright, flashing light. He turned around to face me, his face now covered with the dark mask, his skin no longer exposed. My blue eyes collide with his electric green ones, sending shivers up my spine.

"Everything okay?" He said concerned reaching out to grab my shoulder. I'm not too sure why I froze up, it's weird to think he's really here in front of me, the same person. I just simply can't get over it, I find it astonishing.

"Huh? Yes, I'm okay. It's just good to actually see your face, that's all!" I laugh, tearing my eyes away from his gorgeous green ones. Something is different. I usually stutter more around Adrien but, knowing he's Chat Noir changes how I feel. I know Chat Noir well, we're close friends- I'm comfortable around him. It's just a little shocking how quickly the way I have viewed him and how I feel has changed.

"Whatever you say, purr-incess," he gave me a mischievous grin and started getting up from the couch.

"I see your alter ego has returned," I respond.